• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JG in a year and half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiderunner

Has anybody heard the rumor that May 2002 graduates will make LT jg in December 2003? Or is it like a said, just a ruma'?

Dylan Porter

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FWIW, in 2001, "they" passed a law/resolution/whatever that authorized the DOD to make 0-1s O-2s and O-2s O-3s in a year and a half. It doesn't necessarily mean it will be done, but it can be done. I think the army actually has done this, but so far, I haven't seen anybody coming in who has put it on early on the Navy side.

unfUSN

Originally posted by gatordev
FWIW, in 2001, "they" passed a law/resolution/whatever that authorized the DOD to make 0-1s O-2s and O-2s O-3s in a year and a half. It doesn't necessarily mean it will be done, but it can be done. I think the army actually has done this, but so far, I haven't seen anybody coming in who has put it on early on the Navy side.

I am on a Command Ship and see a lot of Army and Air Force weenies rnning around here. I asked a couple of 03 Army and AF guys and they both said that the Army/AF both recently went to putting on 02 after 1 1/2 and 03 after another 1 1/2.

I asked my DEPT head about it and he doesn't think the Navy/Marines will do that because of the increased responsibility of 02's in the Navy/Marine.

I wish we would go to putting 02/03 on quicker... if for nothing more than the extra money!

ENS Payne

There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.
- Joseph Conrad

Status
Not open for further replies.