• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets v Helos

Huggy Bear

pilot
Hey, I'm just happy to have my own torso harness after flying with rental harnesses and the associated drops for 6 month.

Wow. Instructor pilots are short of gear. That is unsat.

You know I've dumped 10000 pounds of gas immediately after coming off of a tanker to buster back for an unexpected charlie. That cost the taxpayers how many thousands of dollars? Yet in the same deployment I had to wait over a year for a flight jacket due to "lack of funds".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Then how come my 40-year old body feels like it's spent a day doing sets to failure in the gym after a BFM hop? :D
Try 3-a-day's from a 100+ degree ramp @ Tyndal when 40 years "young" .... then we'll talk.

Your method is wrong. I suspect you are spending too much time in the gym and not taking enough medicinal alcohol after the final debrief. It aids in acquiring a good night's sleep with the resultant recovery. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... I've dumped 10000 pounds of gas immediately after coming off of a tanker to buster back for an unexpected charlie. That cost the taxpayers how many thousands of dollars?....
That's chicken feed. It does, however, take a lot of money to put new flat screen TV's in the gym every couple years.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I will never complain about flight suits being few and far between like they seem to be right now, when I know my killers on the ground are fighting the "fire" hazard and need them, but I will complain if supply ever trys to issue me one of those frigain man skirt g-suits. It pays to look good damn it and those things look like arse.

Raptor2216

I'm one of the "lucky" few when it comes to the girly G-suit. The PR's and supply folks here in meridian are actually a million times better than the one worthless civilian supply guy from corpus who's name shall go unmentioned. This guy was the biggest POS in my opinion because his standard answer to everything was, "I can't do it"..."I don't have that and don't know where to get it"...the list goes on but you catch the drift. Anyway, the girly G-suit is weird and I do prefer the older style because its so much easier to put on.

However, now that I actually have all of my OWN flight gear since I began primary including a nice comfy helmet which doesn't smell like a student died in it and was then left out in the S. Texas sun to bake, I will gladly take the girly G-suit and be happy that at least it is my own girly G-suit.

I will never complain about flight suits being few and far between like they seem to be right now, when I know my killers on the ground are fighting the "fire" hazard and need them, but I will complain if supply ever trys to issue me one of those frigain man skirt g-suits. It pays to look good damn it and those things look like arse.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Are these "girly g-suits" the ones we always called "air force g-suits"? Fabric instead of nylon? They zip down rather than up. Or is there some new crap out there? The fabric ones have been around for 15 years.

MasterBates

The ones I see the smaller dudes (like P18) getting don't completely open up on the right.

Putting them on is like a pair of jeans, zip it down, and slide in.

Whereas I have the older style, which completely opens, so I just snap it around ye ole beer gut, zip up, then zip up legs. Much mo fat-boy compliant than the new ones.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Are these "girly g-suits" the ones we always called "air force g-suits"? Fabric instead of nylon? They zip down rather than up. Or is there some new crap out there? The fabric ones have been around for 15 years.
Yup, that would be it. Not only is it Forest Ranger Green that everybody hates, it wraps around your a$$ like a speedo or something and screams IM GAY! Word on the street is it's a requirement to have in Super Hornet land, it's a pullover from AF land in anticipation of the JSF using it?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yup, that would be it. Not only is it Forest Ranger Green that everybody hates, it wraps around your a$$ like a speedo or something and screams IM GAY! Word on the street is it's a requirement to have in Super Hornet land, it's a pullover from AF land in anticipation of the JSF using it?

I think that we're talking about different ones. The OLD school ones were kind of shiny. Like the NOMEX flight jackets. They zipped up from the ankle.

The ones I'm talking about are the only ones I've seen worn at all in the last 10-15 years. They zipped from the top down toward the ankle, at has another zipper on the outside that loosened them up, either for comfort before flight or to wear with your dry suit.

From what MB said, it would appear that there is a new one out there. Why do they keep screwing with stuff that already works fine?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What are you, a midget?! ;) Mine didn't fit like that, you sure the PR's didn't make it 'special' for you?

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Here are the two type of G-suits down at Kingsville. SNA on left with the new style, IP on the right with the old style. I apologize for the quality, its the only pic I have wearing gear.

Attachments

• G-Suit.jpg
    G-Suit.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 321

FLY_USMC

pilot
I'm actually 6'3" so not quite a midget! I don't have the gay one....luckily....I just like to biatch often and biatch early. Supposedly it works really well, you step into it like a skirt, rather than wrap it around your body like the normal ones. Has and extra bladder in the back of your leg, I'll sacrifice looks for functionality.

Harrier Dude, I know the one you're talking about, thin, Nomex, never seen it in person, only is museums and on sim instructors.

I apologize for the quality, should've got a better shot of their schlongs
FAG!!:)