• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jeff Coopers Gunsite Academy..."The Raven"....

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
...I attended the Pistol 250 course last week. Tons of fun and of course, you learn that you really don't know how to shoot or at least have a lot to learn for regular guys like me. I brought my Zev Tech Tier 1 Gen 3 G17 but I put the stock springs in it but still has a 4.2lb trigger pull with the Fulcrum Duty trigger. There were all sorts of folks, from surgeons, military, cops and one former NASA Astronaut, Jim Bagian who flew on STS29 and 40. Great guy, really humble. Saw all sorts of guns in the mecha land of the 1911. Some guys had 1911's, Glocks, XD and XDM, M&P and one CZ75 that broke (slide stop broke in half after 600 rounds) but the owner had another just in case. I brought my G19 as back up. I ended firing 1100 rounds in 5 days with zero issues. BTW, overall winner for top shooter was a surgeon and retired Navy Captain. Used his modified Glock 17 and STI to take home the honors. He had done multiple deployments with the Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, he is seen walking toward the camera in the day range line pic.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Former NASA Astronaut, Jim Bagian and myself...

My G17 took a beating, had sand, gravel, dirt all in it but functioned perfectly with some crappy ammo...namely Wolf steel cased ammo. I ended up using it in another brand gun and it jammed due to the ammo on the 5th round.

In honor of my former profession...

It was indeed, the Funhouse!!!