• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Jarhead" movie?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember while reading it thinking that some of it was completely horse s-hit.

I've heard multiple complaints on the book about how he uses fabrications and urban legends to supplement his story, taking credit away from anything he says. Mind you, again, I haven't read it and am just relaying other people's criticisms.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Anyway, I still think the movie will suck.

I've looked up reviews written by people who saw a few of the test screenings on some website. I can't remember which but I used google.

Both reviews were VERY positive. Now, niether reviewer was a Marine or had any experience with the military, so I take thier opinion with a grain of salt.

Fly, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the point that some probable fabrications in the book take all credibility away from anything he says. It's not a textbook, but a story about what he "experienced". On the flip side of that coin, I'd never give somebody a copy of this book and tell them this is what the Marine Corps is like.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the point that some probable fabrications in the book take all credibility away from anything he says. It's not a textbook, but a story about what he "experienced". On the flip side of that coin, I'd never give somebody a copy of this book and tell them this is what the Marine Corps is like.

Reading comprehension. It's not my point. I never read the book. I'm asking questions here, not telling my review of the book. Read the post.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Reading comprehension. It's not my point. I never read the book. I'm asking questions here, not telling my review of the book. Read the post.

Sorry, the point of my post wasn't to disagree with you, but the information being relayed. Also, it's just my opinion.