• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 5 OCS

htj

Final Select SNA -- January 5 OCS
First of all, I have to say thanks to everyone at Air Warriors. I don't think I would have made it without all the help.

Quick recap for those of you interested --

Step 1. Talk to Air Force Recruiter: Nov 2006
Step 2. Talk to friends and family who were in the Navy and was chastised into pursuing Naval Aviator: Nov 2006-Mar 2007
Step 3. Study for ASTB and get 8/8/9 62: Mar 2007 - April 2007
Step 4. Submit Application: April 2007
Step 5. Pro-rec SNA: May 2007
Step 6. NPQ for allergy to wasps/yellow jackets: June 2007
Step 7. See allergist and find out I have no allergies which necessitate an Epinephrine pen: June 2007
Step 8. Get cleared by NOMI and Final Select for Nov 3 OCS in RI: August 2007
Step 9. Declined final select: September 2007
Step 10. Feel like **** about decision: September 2007 - December 2007
Step 11. Call recruiter and tell him I'm ready to go with 2 weeks notice, or restart entire process if necessary: December 5, 2007
Step 12. Recruiter calls back and says show up for January 5, 2008 OCS in RI: December 6, 2007
Step 13. Turn in letter of resignation effective January 3, 2008: December 10, 2007
Step 14. Get my ass in shape: now

Any one else going to be in the January 5 OCS class?

badger16

None
First of all, I have to say thanks to everyone at Air Warriors. I don't think I would have made it without all the help.

Step 2. Talk to friends and family who were in the Navy and was chastised into pursuing Naval Aviator: Nov 2006-Mar 2007
Step 7. See allergist and find out I have no allergies which necessitate an Epinephrine pen: June 2007
Step 11. Call recruiter and tell him I'm ready to go with 2 weeks notice, or restart entire process if necessary: December 5, 2007
Step 12. Recruiter calls back and says show up for January 5, 2008 OCS in RI: December 6, 2007
Step 13. Turn in letter of resignation effective January 3, 2008: December 10, 2007

Step 15: Drink beers with badger and negate that weeks work on getting into shape: Tomorrow!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Congrats in seeing it through. BTW - did YOU tell them you were allergic to bee stings?

htj

Congrats in seeing it through. BTW - did YOU tell them you were allergic to bee stings?

I did tell them that -- it was during my MEPS physical for the Air Force back in February. That doctor nearly forgot to ask me about it. I had checked that I had an allergy to the wasps, and the last thing he asked me was "were you prescribed an epinephrine pen?" I said yes, and he told me it disqualified me and would require a waiver. I checked with the Navy recruiter, and he did as much digging as he could and thought it would get waived, but I was NPQ'd after Pro-Rec.

Moral of the story -- anything you check on the existing condition form, go to your personal doctor and have them write a letter about how it won't affect you at all and provide EVERY bit of documentation.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Good luck and congrats! I will be seeing you (possibly?) when I report on the 19th.

htj

All alone?

Just out of curiosity, am I really the only "airwarrior" lister who will be attending the Jan 5 OCS class?

Also, if anyone else is, and is driving, can I throw my cel phone 'n such in your vehicle?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
January classes seem dry regarding members of this site.