• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 2016 IDC Board

My OR just called me to say the board (June 15th IDC) was not cancelled and is currently going on. He said he got the information from the "program manager". Not sure who that could be, but just thought I'd put it out there.

exNavyOffRec

My OR just called me to say the board (June 15th IDC) was not cancelled and is currently going on. He said he got the information from the "program manager". Not sure who that could be, but just thought I'd put it out there.

The PM is the final review before the kits go to board, they generally have better info than a processor, but with external boards unless the board specifically notifies the director who then would tell the PM, they would go off of what is scheduled.

I still go back to the time when people were being told an external board was going on but the board member was in my office for a visit and said they had postponed it but just hadn't notified NRC yet, NRC was still saying they were meeting and results should be out soon.

The only way to know if the board is meeting/met is to see the results come out, until then it is all up in the air.

William O'Hara

I'm curious to see the result myself, as this is my first time going through the process. But the information I've found on this site has answered most of my questions.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
1. June 15 2015 IDC board is still a go!
2. The September 2015 IDC board has been cancelled and pushed to January 2016.
I can confirm the same. Just completed MEPs on 18 JUN. On the way out of the facility I stopped by the Officer Processor's office and asked him to verify the next date that the IDC board convenes. He gave a date of 18 JAN 2016. Another six months...

AFChris

I can confirm the same. Just completed MEPs on 18 JUN. On the way out of the facility I stopped by the Officer Processor's office and asked him to verify the next date that the IDC board convenes. He gave a date of 18 JAN 2016. Another six months...
Called my OR a few days ago to confirm that the Sept 15 IDC Board is still on, he said it was "As of a June 30 Update"

exNavyOffRec

Called my OR a few days ago to confirm that the Sept 15 IDC Board is still on, he said it was "As of a June 30 Update"

The boards are always on, until they are called off, I have seen IDC boards cancelled months before and even after the board was supposed to meet, IDC is very small and competitive, if you don't get a Pro Y this time around you might think about other designators.

nf_utvol

Platinum Ensign
As stated above, it could be any time. And the time from results being posted to actually going to OCS can range from a few weeks to over a year (or in some cases, like mine, over two years).

Depending on how reliable your recruiters is, I'd recommend checking with him/her regularly. Mine had been sitting on the news that I got selected until I poked him.