• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

RUMOR TIME!!!! Ok, So being impatient (I have a lot to do if non select... overseas screening, yay!) I called a few places and no one picked up.... until I called NRD San Francisco! The gentleman I spoke to told me the SNA Board has met, and results are out! Now I don't know if he was telling me this to get me off the phone, but it's what I was told. He claimed he couldn't check on my app due to being a fleet applicant, so I will be calling the fleet processor in the morning for sure to see if they are out. I will post more as I find out!

Very Interesting. I was told they met as well.... Hopefully We'll find out soon!

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Nothing is true or false until the big man with all the glitter on his collar says so. And even then it needs to be on paper, in your hand. And even then....
very very wise words and beyond true... I've had my friggin orders changed three times in the last few months... I say something is true when in the present tense not I'm going to OCS, but I'm AT OCS.

Gus Gorilla

My $1000 dollar check? They keep saying it's on the way as soon as the ink dries, they lost the last 3 but assured me this one is coming.

tuke09

Did you ever post your stats?

Oh that's right I never did post them on Air Warriors, only Navyocs.com. Here they are.
Age 29, Married, Two Children, Non-prior
Full Time Student
GPA 3.7 Major: Philosophy. Minors: Legal Studies, and Classical Studies.
OAR 49
LOR 2 Current Employers, San Francisco President of the Board of Supervisors, and 1 College Professor.
PRT Pending MEPS
Lots of Extra Curricular Activities, and Professional Association Memberships

Triumph57

Niketaylor and Tuke09, sorry to hear about the non-selects. It has to be really frustrating, but I'm sure if you are persistent then things will work out for you. Do you guys intend to reapply or go for something else?

tuke09

Niketaylor and Tuke09, sorry to hear about the non-selects. It has to be really frustrating, but I'm sure if you are persistent then things will work out for you. Do you guys intend to reapply or go for something else?

I am still waiting to hear back from INTEL, and I also put in for SWO-IP, but from what I hear the SWO-IP will not meet earlier than June. If I get a Non-Select for Intel this round I will probably retake the ASTB, add another LOR and try to resubmit my package. If that falls through and I don't make it my second attempt I am off to Law School and will try for Navy JAG.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
RUMOR TIME!!!! Ok, So being impatient (I have a lot to do if non select... overseas screening, yay!) I called a few places and no one picked up.... until I called NRD San Francisco! The gentleman I spoke to told me the SNA Board has met, and results are out! Now I don't know if he was telling me this to get me off the phone, but it's what I was told. He claimed he couldn't check on my app due to being a fleet applicant, so I will be calling the fleet processor in the morning for sure to see if they are out. I will post more as I find out!

Having been through one recruiter for enlisting, I should know better. It seems that the NRD I spoke to was full of shit :icon_rage. I spoke with my OIC (MCPO, former recruiter) today, who in turn called a few friends of his and everyone told him that the boards have not met yet, if they have, they haven't posted anything for the OR's to see. I tried called Millington but a voicemail recording said they were closed due to inclement weather (first time I have heard that since I've been in). Sorry to all my fellow Boardee's for the bad gouge, but I figured some news can sometimes be better then no news.

nugget61

pilot
For those that are lurking at work (such as myself) just talked to my OR - no results yet for SNAs yet (at least civilians, dunno if fleet comes out earlier).
My OR knows a guy down in TN (not on the board tho) that told him they're understaffed and causing long board wait times.
Time for another joyless weekend...

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
For those that are lurking at work (such as myself) just talked to my OR - no results yet for SNAs yet (at least civilians, dunno if fleet comes out earlier).
My OR knows a guy down in TN (not on the board tho) that told him they're understaffed and causing long board wait times.
Time for another joyless weekend...

ha... HA! Beat you to the punch Nugget! MWAHAHAHAHAH.... Ok, I'm going a little nuts here with this bit and coffee on top of it.

visual_scan

When I contacted my recruiter two days ago, he did say that he contacted the SNA/NFO program manager's office where he was told he was unavailable because he was currently active in the SNA/NFO boards. It is absolutely amazing how so much conflicting information floats around! Waiting remains to be the only solution!