• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

exNavyOffRec

Does the selection rate for IP and IW look good and does it matter the order that the designators are put on the application in regards to possibly being overlooked?
IP is 150% basically only 2 per year and they shipped 3, so if goal stands they will only have 1 for FY13
IW has 5 spots left and 45 already at board.

Now both IW and IP look for tech degrees so I would expect fewer number than Intel.

rashguard

Thanks for all the help everyone. Been waiting 15 months for this. Congrats to everybody. Keep on pushin. Its not all about the ASTB!

Pro Recd SNA
25/M/ 6/6/6/54
3.0 gpa Geography B.S.
1500 Flt Hrs
Flight Instructor/ Ground Instructor at USAFSAM
Volunteer College Hockey Coach

4 LORs from Professors, Students, O-6's
3 Interviews all O-6's , one retried Air Wing Commander, one Colonel at school of aerospace med

JKid

I received the news today that I was Pro-rec'd for Pilot. Quite unexpected since I applied for and have some prior experience in Intel, yet I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm sure everyone else is as well.

Congratulations everyone, another hurdle complete! Goodluck with MEPS and clearances!

Sonog

pilot
These days you have to have competitive packet to even apply, but this board is proof that perseverance definitely pays off. Last board had a 70/300 selection rate. This board 130/170. I improved my packet, but I'm sure the better selection rate helped a lot of us out. That's why you need to keep applying.

Sonog

pilot
'Grats to a fellow Cornellian. Perseverance pays off.

Congrats to everyone else as well. Looks like a lot more happy people than we had in the August board!

Ha, I finally feel like I'm beginning to live up to my "Ivy league" degree.

sparrowbomb

E-2 NFO
Heard on Friday that I got Pro Recd NFO!
21/m/non-prior
6/8/6 -58
B.S. Mathematics at JMU - 3.3 gpa
3 LORs from professors
2 interviews - 1 from an O-6 top gun trained pilot, another from an O-4 pilot who started as an NFO

My recruiter told me that all of the FY12 OCS classes are filled so we won't be going until after October of this year at the earliest. Has anyone else heard anything different?
Congrats to everyone else who made it and good luck to everyone who plans to reapply!

Tomodachi

pilot
21/m/non-prior
6/8/6 -58
3 LORs from professors
2 interviews - 1 from an O-6 top gun trained pilot, another from an O-4 pilot who started as an NFO

My recruiter told me that all of the FY12 OCS classes are filled so we won't be going until after October of this year at the earliest. Has anyone else heard anything different?
Congrats to everyone else who made it and good luck to everyone who plans to reapply!

Congrats on the pro rec!! From my understanding, people who graduate OCS starting Oct12 will be considered FY13. So you can end checking into OCS as early as July timeframe to graduate in October to be considered FY13.

mjv305

ENS SNA

If that is the case looks like I wont be going. I turn 29 in July.. Got to leave before then.

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
Now now mjv305. Remain positive. Fight as hard as you can! (Which I'm sure you will)

mjv305

ENS SNA
Now now mjv305. Remain positive. Fight as hard as you can! (Which I'm sure you will)

Im positive. Even though i am still on a uphill battle. I mean the board must have known i had a waiver and that i would need to leave soon before it expires. That is unless they didnt look and just pro rec'd everybody at the board.

exNavyOffRec

21/m/non-prior
6/8/6 -58
3 LORs from professors

Your recruiter needs to stay in the loop or his OACR/OPS is not keeping them informed, all but a couple of these selections were FY12, they are still filling the April 15th class, we just had someone placed in that class on Friday, the emails that came out said the over selections were to account for attritions of these and prior selections so they can get FY12 filled and to OCS. This year FY 12 OCS classes include the July class.

exNavyOffRec

This boards selections were unlike any other board in the past 4/5 years, to be blunt many of those picked up wouldn't have been given a second look at any other board, one of the packages I saw that was picked up had 2 alcohol related incidents, and 2.6 GPA but had a 7 on the PFAR. I have never seen anyone picked up with a PFAR of 6 before, what I was told is they had to over select to account for attritions and couldn't rely on the April board for any last minute fills for FY12. If you were picked up and your stats fall outside of those numbers go buy a lottery ticket because you have more luck with you than you will ever know, so take the gift you were given and work your tail off in OCS and flight school!!!!

LLLLL

Sir, how long do you think untill we know what date we will be going to OCS? I am assuming AD will go fastest as our medicals are all complete.....

exNavyOffRec

Sir, how long do you think untill we know what date we will be going to OCS? I am assuming AD will go fastest as our medicals are all complete.....
In most circumstances they look at those that are age critical and get them in first, then it is generally about first come first serve.