• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

rafterkm

Pro-Rec Pilot/NFO
M/23/Non-Prior
GPA: 3.4 Political Science
ASTB: 57 7/8/7
LORs from O-7, O-6, U.S. Congressman

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Pro Rec for pilot, can not believe this!!! Long road ahead if its all to work out but hope I get the chance to take on the challenge to the fullest!

M/24/Non-Prior/No flying exp
GPA: 3.5 Meteorology w/some graduate work included
ASTB: 55/7/7/7 (yea, not great)
LORs: Professors, Boss, former Blue Angels Commander

Congrats to all selected and thank you all for your help through the process, especially NavyOffRec. During the app process it sometimes feels like you're being dragged in a million different directions, its nice to have a resource like this to bounce things off of and dedicated people who are willing to help one another.

Good luck to all in any future endeavors.

mjv305

ENS SNA
BUPERS could take a little while, if you need something for your command go online and find the nearest NRD, have your Chief or DIVO call and ask for the OACR or OPS and they should be able to email the results to him.

What exactly does it mean pro rec' for pilot and NFO? Do we get to choose? Did they pro rec more than 15 NFOs?

ddises01

Pro Rec'd SNA January 2012 - 08 July OCS class
Just officially found out, pro rec'd SNA

Off to MEPS then should be at OCS before the end of the fiscal year.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
What exactly does it mean pro rec' for pilot and NFO? Do we get to choose? Did they pro rec more than 15 NFOs?
Yes, from what I understand, the choice is yours. Also, if you're medically ineligible for pilot, NFO is your insurance as the medical standards are less strict. It just streamlines things because you're already pro-rec'd for NFO.

However, if you'd prefer NFO over Pilot, you're more than welcome to choose that as well.

mjv305

ENS SNA
As I am my own OR and had nobody official helping me out on this package i have NO idea what happens now...

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Yes, from what I understand, the choice is yours. Also, if you're medically ineligible for pilot, NFO is your insurance as the medical standards are less strict. It just streamlines things because you're already pro-rec'd for NFO.

However, if you'd prefer NFO over Pilot, you're more than welcome to choose that as well.

I thought it went by whatever order they were listed. For instance, if he had pilot #1 and NFO as 2 that he would have to go pilot unless something happened like medical DQ for pilot (but not NFO). I am sure NavyOffRec can clear that up though, but I am sure they ask you order of preference for a reason.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Pro rec'd Pilot and NFO!

My OR doesn't work Fridays so I'm going to have to wait until Monday to talk to him...but I'm also in a rush to get PRK done (20/30 vision) so that hopefully I can clear the waiver period before whatever OCS date they give me. You guys think I should just schedule it before talking to my OR or wait? It could push back my PRK by a full week if I wait until Monday to hear my pro rec officially.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Scratch that! I think my OR must have been telepathically summoned, as he just called and confirmed my selection. Besides the fact that he called me on Friday (his normal hours are Mon-Thurs), the real surprise was when I asked him about my PRK (which I had discussed with him before). He said I don't need it, which was NOT what he told me when I asked him about it a few months ago. Today he told me as long as you have 20/40 or better correctable to 20/20 with contacts/glasses, you don't need surgery. I was under the impression that you needed 20/40 or better to be eligible to get PRK so that you could then have 20/20 to fly.

Anyway, next step is to get my security clearance and MEPS taken care of. Congrats to everyone selected, and enjoy the weekend!

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
I thought it went by whatever order they were listed. For instance, if he had pilot #1 and NFO as 2 that he would have to go pilot unless something happened like medical DQ for pilot (but not NFO). I am sure NavyOffRec can clear that up though, but I am sure they ask you order of preference for a reason.
Ah ok, that makes sense. However, I had messaged NavyOffRec asking him what being selected for both means and he responded with what I mentioned earlier.