• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

exNavyOffRec

Can you clarify which boards were this past week?

I put in for Intel/IW/SWO. My recruiter told me that he submitted my package for this past board, but from what I'm seeing here, it was a Supply/Pilot board, and that I'll be waiting until April for anything new. Yes, or am I misreading something?

Thanks
How long has your recruiter had a reading disability? I ask this because he must not read emails from NRC as they have repeatedly sent out emails that said thou shalt not submit applications for SWO!
Intel and IW will be in April now, hopefully.......

Pilot, NFO, CEC, and Supply were held and many people are holding their breath waiting for results.

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
How long has your recruiter had a reading disability? I ask this because he must not read emails from NRC as they have repeatedly sent out emails that said thou shalt not submit applications for SWO!
Intel and IW will be in April now, hopefully.......

Pilot, NFO, CEC, and Supply were held and many people are holding their breath waiting for results.

:confused: That's frustrating. Thanks. I guess I'll call my recruiter and see what's up.

CREED

Waiting along with everyone. Packet submitted for Supply. NavyOffRec, I was wondering if you could see if my packet did in fact make it to the board. Collin Reed, NRC Columbia South Carolina or I guess it would be part of Raliegh North Carolina NRC, Supply. Thank you.

exNavyOffRec

Waiting along with everyone. Packet submitted for Supply. NavyOffRec, I was wondering if you could see if my packet did in fact make it to the board. Collin Reed, NRC Columbia South Carolina or I guess it would be part of Raliegh North Carolina NRC, Supply. Thank you.
at board

nwsnahopeful

Pilot/NFO is looking like Friday, Supply I am not sure since it is a different senior board member that signs those.
I have been hearing that BDCP has been canceled but they are offering it to a few candidates whom they see fit. If you put in for pilot in this last board but have not graduated yet are you going to be considered for BDCP or an early DA for pilot? Is DA even the right term? My recruiter recently transferred to another recruiting district and I have been trying to patch the info I have been receiving from her and my new recruiter. Thank you for all the info! What district are you from? Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

I have been hearing that BDCP has been canceled but they are offering it to a few candidates whom they see fit. If you put in for pilot in this last board but have not graduated yet are you going to be considered for BDCP or an early DA for pilot? Is DA even the right term? My recruiter recently transferred to another recruiting district and I have been trying to patch the info I have been receiving from her and my new recruiter. Thank you for all the info! What district are you from? Thanks!
BDCP selections weren't cancelled, they never existed for this board. The put out before the deadline all BDCP applications would be pro "X" but they did extend the DA timeline from 6 months to 1 year.

CBR11

Just learned that Im not a candidate for LASIK or PRK (thin corneas) and thus am medically ineligible for pilot. Absolute worst fucking feeling in the world. Anyway, if I get a pro rec, ill be declining the offer immediately. Good luck everyone.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
Just learned that Im not a candidate for LASIK or PRK (thin corneas) and thus am medically ineligible for pilot. Absolute worst fucking feeling in the world. Anyway, if I get a pro rec, ill be declining the offer immediately. Good luck everyone.
I thought PRK was the preferred surgery for patients with thin corneas. I also thought that PRK/LASEK (not LASIK) were the only two surgeries approved for Naval aviators.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're ineligible, but I'm curious to know why you didn't investigate sooner. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a 6-month waiting period after surgery before you could be cleared by MEPS.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I thought PRK was the preferred surgery for patients with thin corneas. I also thought that PRK/LASEK (not LASIK) were the only two surgeries approved for Naval aviators.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're ineligible, but I'm curious to know why you didn't investigate sooner. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a 6-month waiting period after surgery before you could be cleared by MEPS.

I thought the same as well in regard to PRK since it just removes the outer layer (which regrows) rather than slicing into it like LASIK. LASIK is now an option with the study they are doing, though it is probably a little more of a headache than a PRK waiver (must be evaluated at one of the centers run by the Navy I believe to be entered into the study). And yes, there is a 6 month wait regardless of which surgery is done.

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
The waiting killing anyone else?

Not much to be done about it. Running, Movies, and a good book is what is getting me through this week and weekend if need hopefully. Hopefully not and the notion that they should be out by Friday holds up.