• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

CBR11

I had a job in college where the DD 370 was not applicable. My managers were older students who have long since graduated, making it impossible to get in contact with any of them to request a LOR. My OR and processor told me to just write an explanation to attach to my package.

I still had other DD370s from other employers and professors so it's not like I didn't have a sufficient amount of LORs.

exNavyOffRec

I had a job in college where the DD 370 was not applicable. My managers were older students who have long since graduated, making it impossible to get in contact with any of my supervisors to request a LOR. My OR and processor told me to just write an explanation to attach to my package.

I still had other DD370s from other employers and professors so it's not like I didn't have a sufficient amount of LORs.
That doesn't seem too bad, what you should have been told to do is take it to them so they could verify employment, all it would have had to say was "FN LN was employed here during xx to xx, none of the people that supervised him are still employed here."

The manual on recruiting is very specific on these items.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Now that the holidays are over, my mind keeps wandering to this January board while on break between semesters...anyway hers my app as it stands

21/M/Non-prior
SNA
8/8/8/68
Degree: Aerospace engineering, math minor
GPA: 3.1
3 LORs
2 officer interviews

Good luck to everyone and hopefully with 50 slots available all those who are deserving get their shot

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
What do you mean by drop offs (please excuse the ignorance of such nomenclature)?

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
It looks like those going for Pilot are going to have an even better chance, with drop offs the numbers being selected are going up.

I can't help but feel like fate will ultimately conspire against me in spite of all the optimism your posts like this keep bringing me.

salazapa

I spoke to the OCS Fleet processer about SWO boards... He told me they had no quotes for FY-13 does anyone know if this change yet? If so when are the next upcoming boards? Does me being active duty help me… 43 on OAR… 3.5 SIU tier 3 school, two LOR 0-6 and one from School, 5 interviews from O-5 that I have never work for… all tens and max out on everything, I just came back from an IA and I am an instructor with my MTS, Last 6 evals all EP expect my first eval as a E-6 which was a MP and my first eval as a E-5… Do I got a shot for supply, IDC, SWO?

exNavyOffRec

I spoke to the OCS Fleet processer about SWO boards... He told me they had no quotes for FY-13 does anyone know if this change yet? If so when are the next upcoming boards? Does me being active duty help me… 43 on OAR… 3.5 SIU tier 3 school, two LOR 0-6 and one from School, 5 interviews from O-5 that I have never work for… all tens and max out on everything, I just came back from an IA and I am an instructor with my MTS, Last 6 evals all EP expect my first eval as a E-6 which was a MP and my first eval as a E-5… Do I got a shot for supply, IDC, SWO?
It hasn't changed and probably won't, if anything it could go the other way and FY14 could be closed as well.

If you look at some of the other threads you could find some additional info, but for FY12 supply is over by 5, IP closed FY12 and maybe FY13, IW has about 2 spots left FY12, Intel filled FY12 and they had to push 30 to FY13 so they are just about filled.

IW and IP generally require tech degree's, at a minimum 1 year of calc and calc based physics, Intel is doing a PA rewrite and we have been told they will now require tech degrees.

mjv305

ENS SNA
So whats the status? When do we get the official word we made the upcoming SNA board? Also, is it a known number of how many applied and what the exact number they are selecting. It was mentioned that we all stand a better chance due to a large number of drop offs, what exactly does that do to the numebr being selected?

exNavyOffRec

The numbers I am hearing are instead of 50 looking at 70+/-

Once all the packages have been QA'd they will send out an at board list to the NRD's

exNavyOffRec

New data, looks like the number of people applying for Pilot is around 200, they may pick a few FY13 NFO's <10 that are graduating college this year.

Sonog

pilot
I would love to know the average stats of AW readers/posters versus non. Because it seems every applicant who posts here has at least 8's across the board