• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

LLLLL

I agree with what Navy Or Bust says. I got my package in with just two days to spare and I would not have got it in if it wasn't for a number of people on this thread. Really appreciate your help. Good luck.

exNavyOffRec

The way the boards are listed confuse many people, recruiters included. This generally comes into play with Pilot/NFO/SWO and Intel/IW/IP. These are lumped together since the same types of officers sit these boards are the same but it does not mean all designators will be selected at this board.

An example is the upcoming Pilot/NFO/SWO board is not selecting anything but Pilot, and the next IDC board is looking at selecting only a few Intel and a few IW, no IP as far as I know.

The numbers that they look at selecting for all designators has lagged for a while, they recently approved the numbers for FY12 after many had been selected. It is a guessing game until the plan is signed, which can lead to problems.

Current status that was sent out
Pilots - 50 more for FY12
NFO - none, might open late 2012 for FY13
SWO and SWO options - none, open FY14?
Intel - FY12 closed, about 10 more billets for FY13
IW - numbers seen to jump up and down, low need 2 FY12
IP - told closed until late 2012
Supply - FY12 filled, might have overselected, Jan board may pick FY13
CEC - closed FY12? recent email said might be a few spots open
PAO - closed no billets
CWE - no billets

FYI and FY12 select means that person can go to an OCS class that graduates no earlier than 1 Oct 2012, and FY13 select means NET 1 Oct 2013
Update

Supply may not hold a board in Jan, they are debating cancelling it, if there is one they are looking at picking single digits.

Intel from what I was told has so far about 200 applications for 10 spots, based on the rate they are coming in and from last time they are expecting close to 600 application for the next board.

NavyOrBust

Awaiting Recruiter Feedback
Intel from what I was told has so far about 200 applications for 10 spots, based on the rate they are coming in and from last time they are expecting close to 600 application for the next board.

Do you know if the next Intel board is still slated for March?

Tomodachi

pilot
This thread is pretty dead even though the board is less than a month away! Anyone else anxious to hear the results? My fingers and toes are crossed.

Tomodachi

pilot
Trust me man, its best to relax and not think about it.

Everyone at my command is asking me the status of my application all the time, so it is hard to not think about it. I've been in Japan over 3 years its time for me to go back to the states. Good times over here though, if yall get accepted in the Navy try to get to Japan it's a great tour.

exNavyOffRec

Everyone at my command is asking me the status of my application all the time, so it is hard to not think about it. I've been in Japan over 3 years its time for me to go back to the states. Good times over here though, if yall get accepted in the Navy try to get to Japan it's a great tour.
They might be asking to figure out how this could affect your transfer depending on when you are supposed to transfer.

CBR11

So apparently CNRC takes a preliminary look at the package before they forward it to the board for consideration. Last week, my processor said they wanted clarification for something in my application, which I faxed over. He said everything else in my kit was good so does that mean my package is complete and awaiting review? How do we know if our application is officially up for consideration at CNRC?

exNavyOffRec

It actually goes through several levels after it leave the NRD, then it goes to NRC processor for essentially a QA check, then to a Program Manager for essentially another QA check, then the PM sends it to board.

When the at board list comes out, or when in the computer it says forwarded to board (not the exact terminology), but last I heard any packages that were not complete and board ready by the deadline were not being forwarded, in the past it really depends on what they need clarification on, I have seen that happen and not make the board, and I have seen that happen and they did make the board.

staff03

Out of curiosity, what is the most recent form for the APSR? My recruiter mentioned an updated form coming out and I was just wanting to make sure I had that form in my kit when it was sent to the board. Mine says Navcruit 1131/238 REV 7-2010(2). Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Out of curiosity, what is the most recent form for the APSR? My recruiter mentioned an updated form coming out and I was just wanting to make sure I had that form in my kit when it was sent to the board. Mine says Navcruit 1131/238 REV 7-2010(2). Thanks
That is the old revision, if the NRC processor catches it they will not send up to the next level so it can go board as the email that came out when the new revision was put on the street was that the old version would no longer be accepted.

CBR11

It actually goes through several levels after it leave the NRD, then it goes to NRC processor for essentially a QA check, then to a Program Manager for essentially another QA check, then the PM sends it to board.

When the at board list comes out, or when in the computer it says forwarded to board (not the exact terminology), but last I heard any packages that were not complete and board ready by the deadline were not being forwarded, in the past it really depends on what they need clarification on, I have seen that happen and not make the board, and I have seen that happen and they did make the board.
I had everything complete at my NRD before the deadline. I'm guessing the request for clarification (regarding a DD 370) was the result of one of the QA checks you mentioned.

I guess a better question would be: has the at-board list been released yet and is there any other way to find out whether an application has made the board?

The prospect of not making this board is stressing me out

exNavyOffRec

I had everything complete at my NRD before the deadline. I'm guessing the request for clarification (regarding a DD 370) was the result of one of the QA checks you mentioned.

I guess a better question would be: has the at-board list been released yet and is there any other way to find out whether an application has made the board?

The prospect of not making this board is stressing me out
It does not matter if you had the kit completed one week or one month before the deadline, all that matters is when was it uploaded.
On a DD370 issue flip a coin, was it missing or did you not have employer LOR's?
The at board list normally is out 2 weeks prior (about), however we have a new computer system so not sure how it will work now.