• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
I'm submitting an application this go round. It will be my first application.

22/M/Non-Prior
Applying: SNA, Supply, NFO (whenever that is held next, though this would be my first choice were it being held. I heard a rumor that possibly there might be one in April?)
Degree: B.A. Theater, Minor Poli Sci
GPA: 3.88
ASTB: 7/7/8 57
LORS: One professor, Four former employers, Current Employer, High School Teacher

I already went to MEPS and got a physical, and -barely- passed on my eye exam (DP test was excellent though). Otherwise everything's good.

MGoBrew11

pilot
For anyone that is still wondering, that Dec. 15th deadline is just for some NRDs. My recruiter mentioned we should shoot for Dec. 16th but said if we needed some extra time, we could make it work.

And the good news is that it looks like I will probably make this board after all. Still crossing my fingers.

Sonog

pilot
Reapplying and crossing my fingers everything gets submitted smoothly.

August board:
7/6/8 59
2.6 undergrad gpa, bio-engineering BS
0 flight hours
non-select

Jan board:
8/8/8 61
4.0 grad gpa, engineering management MS (only 6 credits official, additional 9 credits won't make it in on time)
23.5 flight hours
New letters, employment references, new jobs

CBR11

Jan board:
8/8/8 61
4.0 grad gpa, engineering management MS (only 6 credits official, additional 9 credits won't make it in on time)
23.5 flight hours
New letters, employment references, new jobs
Look at you. Nice job dude.

tptwomey

Pro-rec'd SNA Feb 2, 2012
Anyone actually submitted for this board yet? I just signed my SF-86 form and will be submitting either this week or next. I know it's early, but starting to get anxious!
I submitted my packet about a month ago. What are you applying for?

Sonog

pilot
Is anyone putting SWO for third option? Or is that board not happening for a couple more years?

exNavyOffRec

The way the boards are listed confuse many people, recruiters included. This generally comes into play with Pilot/NFO/SWO and Intel/IW/IP. These are lumped together since the same types of officers sit these boards are the same but it does not mean all designators will be selected at this board.

An example is the upcoming Pilot/NFO/SWO board is not selecting anything but Pilot, and the next IDC board is looking at selecting only a few Intel and a few IW, no IP as far as I know.

The numbers that they look at selecting for all designators has lagged for a while, they recently approved the numbers for FY12 after many had been selected. It is a guessing game until the plan is signed, which can lead to problems.

Current status that was sent out
Pilots - 50 more for FY12
NFO - none, might open late 2012 for FY13
SWO and SWO options - none, open FY14?
Intel - FY12 closed, about 10 more billets for FY13
IW - numbers seen to jump up and down, low need 2 FY12
IP - told closed until late 2012
Supply - FY12 filled, might have overselected, Jan board may pick FY13
CEC - closed FY12? recent email said might be a few spots open
PAO - closed no billets
CWE - no billets

FYI and FY12 select means that person can go to an OCS class that graduates no earlier than 1 Oct 2012, and FY13 select means NET 1 Oct 2013

pmaccona

Sir, this is a very specific question, but do you know what this means for previously selected August intel pro reccs? as in, when we might expect a final select letter? or even what date that final select letter could contain?

Thanks!

Sonog

pilot
The way the boards are listed confuse many people, recruiters included. This generally comes into play with Pilot/NFO/SWO and Intel/IW/IP. These are lumped together since the same types of officers sit these boards are the same but it does not mean all designators will be selected at this board.

An example is the upcoming Pilot/NFO/SWO board is not selecting anything but Pilot, and the next IDC board is looking at selecting only a few Intel and a few IW, no IP as far as I know.

The numbers that they look at selecting for all designators has lagged for a while, they recently approved the numbers for FY12 after many had been selected. It is a guessing game until the plan is signed, which can lead to problems.

Current status that was sent out
Pilots - 50 more for FY12
NFO - none, might open late 2012 for FY13
SWO and SWO options - none, open FY14?
Intel - FY12 closed, about 10 more billets for FY13
IW - numbers seen to jump up and down, low need 2 FY12
IP - told closed until late 2012
Supply - FY12 filled, might have overselected, Jan board may pick FY13
CEC - closed FY12? recent email said might be a few spots open
PAO - closed no billets

FYI and FY12 select means that person can go to an OCS class that graduates no earlier than 1 Oct 2012, and FY13 select means NET 1 Oct 2013

Sir, for this board in January they're selecting 5o more pilots for FY12, what about FY13? Are they selecting for both?

Aaaahh, that explains why they had so many FY-12 alternate and FY-13 selects. I didn't realize they were obligated to class FY-12 selects in the stated fiscal year. They must have wanted leeway in classing folks up either before the Oct 1st deadline or after. Nifty idea and makes sense, even if it was confusing for us applicants initially. Thanks for the clarity NavyOffRec.

Pmaccona, hopefully we will found out our INTEL dates soon, be they in FY-12 or 13.

Almost forgot....Merry Christmas everybody!

exNavyOffRec

The people being put into FY13 are because numbers reduced and they had to slide people, no one was specifically picked for FY13, some were picked as BDCP but they will be FY13 just not paid.

NavyOrBust

Awaiting Recruiter Feedback
Thank you to all who contribute here - this information has proved invaluable. I'm a 4 year prior IT3, DoD Contractor since (5.5 yrs). Currently employed with top contracting company, but have decided to rejoin the ranks with our beloved Navy. Really had set on SNA/NFO but even with an age waiver it doesn't sound like I'll even make the cutoff for NFO (turn 31 SEPT 12). Intel it is. Good luck to all for the January board.