• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

tptwomey

Pro-rec'd SNA Feb 2, 2012
22/M/Non prior
Pilot
BS in Management Information Systems, Florida State University
GPA: 3.15
ASTB: 7/7/8/56
Interviews w/: O-6 NFO and O-5 Pilot
LORs: two O-6s both Navy, one a retired pilot, former professor and former supervisor.

GSR43

25/M/ non prior
Supply
BA in Government, University of Texas
GPA: 3.0
OAR: 57
no interviews
LOR: highschool VP, highschool academic dean, employer

staff03

I tried finding an answer to this, and I've been in the application stage long enough I should know but... Is it REQUIRED that you have employment references for all employers in the last 3 years? I ask because I had a part-time job from 2 years ago that I was at for only about a month (it was some extra money while I was waiting to start my career job). I have no idea what my supervisor's full name was, don't even know if they are there or would even remember me. My new recruiter informed me of this policy, which my old recruiter may not have been aware of so I was wondering if I need a reference from this employer as I already have 5 other references in my package?

Tomodachi

pilot
I tried finding an answer to this, and I've been in the application stage long enough I should know but... Is it REQUIRED that you have employment references for all employers in the last 3 years? I ask because I had a part-time job from 2 years ago that I was at for only about a month (it was some extra money while I was waiting to start my career job). I have no idea what my supervisor's full name was, don't even know if they are there or would even remember me. My new recruiter informed me of this policy, which my old recruiter may not have been aware of so I was wondering if I need a reference from this employer as I already have 5 other references in my package?

I am not an applicant on the civilian side of the fence but I would recommend you to do what your new recruiter says and be honest about all the employers you worked for in the past 3 years. If you are required to reference ALL employers in the last 3 years then you should do so. This also comes back to your SF-86 and security clearance, you should definitely be truthful so nothing can come back on you. As far as not knowing the supervisor name/etc... i'm pretty sure that this situation will not be the first time for your recruiter so he/she will know what to do.

staff03

Anyone actually submitted for this board yet? I just signed my SF-86 form and will be submitting either this week or next. I know it's early, but starting to get anxious!

CBR11

Finishing my SF86 and waiting on my last LORs to arrive. Planning on submitting Monday.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I'm already submitted for SNA and SNFO. I submitted in mid October to make the November Supply board but that didn't work out. Good luck!

MGoBrew11

pilot
I've hit a snag.

Since the last time I submitted an application, my original OR has moved on. My processor told me about a month ago that I would be good to go for this board. I even told him that I was getting PRK that week, and he said no problem, people can get waivers after the pro-rec. I called my NRD this week and my new OR is telling me I can't even submit an application until 6 months after PRK. I know this is completely and totally inaccurate based on what others have done here on airwarriors. To make matters worse, the processor who told me it would be okay just went on vacation for two weeks.

I also need to get the dates on my LORs updated. They are more than 6 months old, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

If I miss this board, I will be pretty upset. I've been waiting far too long for this to happen. It wouldn't even be a big deal if we knew that board dates were a bit more stable. But missing this board might mean I'm not in the game for another year again.

Sonog

pilot
My processor is insisting that waivers expire (its a MJ waiver), my OR and I disagree. Any experts out there?

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Sonog, I'm definitely not an expert but according to my recruiter my waiver expired for a couple charges I got back in '09. He said because it's a new fiscal year the application process has to start completely over.

Sonog

pilot
Sonog, I'm definitely not an expert but according to my recruiter my waiver expired for a couple charges I got back in '09. He said because it's a new fiscal year the application process has to start completely over.

Navy officer recruiting baffles me sometimes. Why is there a need to renew waivers if nothing has changed? (no one needs to answer this, but if they have a good answer, then have at it)

MGoBrew11

pilot
Navy officer recruiting baffles me sometimes. Why is there a need to renew waivers if nothing has changed? (no one needs to answer this, but if they have a good answer, then have at it)

There is no good answer. The answer is red tape.

CBR11

Sometimes I think they make you jump through a lot of these arbitrary hoops to test your commitment.

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
I'm confused.

I just spoke with my recruiter, and he said my packet is in, and I should expect to hear something about a month after the January Boards. Somehow I was under the impression that the Boards were panel interviews where the applicant was present, but now its looking to me like I was mistaken, and that it's all based on my packet, nothing in person.

Which is it?

Thanks. Good luck everyone.