• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

kacraven

22/Male
Non-Prior
Applying NFO/Supply
ASTB 9/9/9/69
BS in Finance/International Business 3.5 GPA
Graduating December 2011
Interview with O-6 Supply (Reserves)
LORs from 2 former bosses, Dean of Finance Dept.

Good luck everybody!

Lucy

Dec 23 by "standard". However, apps need to be recieved prior to holiday standdown, so before the 15th of Dec is wisest. Earlier is better for any future boards also.

D

Deleted member 31917

Hey guys, since comments were left on here recently, I thought I would ask this here. Just wondering, do you guys have any idea of how good volunteer work in another country looks? I'm starting to volunteer at this one place in the Philippines, and I've been told international experience "looks good". I was thinking, would that even be considered experience when it's volunteer work, and not professional work? Anyway, thanks for your time guys.

Lucy

Security investigation on Monday, which means my app will actually be looked at this time, woo!

MGoBrew11

pilot
Security investigation on Monday, which means my app will actually be looked at this time, woo!

Huh? Since when do they have to do the investigation before? I was under the impression through my OR and others on here that they only investigate you if you have a pro-rec.

Lucy

Possibly Marm, although doubtful since it would have only been in a week ahead of time. Would be a nice surprise though.

Brenbuck, I was/am going to be out of town a lot in the next couple months so my NRD submitted for it prior to the board. Also, have moved a ton, out of country travel, and lots of contact with internationals, so any of those things could bring up a more in-depth interview being needed.

What I meant was that my app had to have been cleared in CNRC to have the investigation started, so I know it is good to go whenever boards come up, which is a relief after the whole April/August board craziness.

ruby416

Possibly Marm, although doubtful since it would have only been in a week ahead of time. Would be a nice surprise though.

Brenbuck, I was/am going to be out of town a lot in the next couple months so my NRD submitted for it prior to the board. Also, have moved a ton, out of country travel, and lots of contact with internationals, so any of those things could bring up a more in-depth interview being needed.

What I meant was that my app had to have been cleared in CNRC to have the investigation started, so I know it is good to go whenever boards come up, which is a relief after the whole April/August board craziness.
Lucy,

If the SC board conducted this past Monday (14th), do you know when will we get the result? I saw AZ1 from the USNAVYOCS said it will be out by early Decemebr(email response from fleet processor). I have been told that the result normally put up on BOL a week or 2 thou.

Thanks.

Lucy

Last nov results were out before thanksgiving. However, around Dec 5th is when they should be out by at latest, and if sticking to published timelines.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
That's what I was hoping for based on some of the August boards. I figured at earliest it would be this coming Wednesday but if not then it all depends on the holiday and how much time off everyone has. If it isn't out by Wednesday I will be checking constantly but will be expecting it in early December!

kacraven

kacraven,
eyes keeping you from SNA or something? Awesome ASTB scores.

Lucy -
Yeah my vision isn't anywhere near good enough to fly - I thought about PRK but honestly I think I'd like NFO just as much if not more so?

Just a general question - from what my recruiter says, if I get selected at the January board I can expect an OCS date between July-September 2012 - does this mesh with what everybody else has been hearing?

Lucy

Cool.

And yes, most people who get picked up for OCS in the January board should expect dates in the first part of the FY13 cycle, so from July-December2012 timeline. This could be different for Supply which is still needing people for the current FY and will be likely to have people go sooner.

bluemarlin04

Ill go:
Applying for Intel, SNA

25 Male
E-6- HM1 in Reserves- on my eighth year of service, joined right out of high school
54 6/6/6
BA political science University of Hawaii
MS Criminal Justice Chaminade Universtity

LORS from:
Two profs, Old Platoon leader from deployment to Iraq, A Teacher, my XO, my HQ CO

Interviews from:
0-5 Cmdr who was my old CO in Iraq, 0-6 USMC Colonel- Pilot who I volunteered with in Boy Scouts, my CO 0-5, A 4 star admiral (dont ask who or how I got it because I wont tell you), A LT Intel Officer, and one more O-5 Intel Officer.

I was non select once a year ago, hopefully this one goes better and I am selected.