• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

CBR11

I'm still not entirely sure what all this means.
-Surface Warfare is closed for FY 12 and FY 13. This holds true for the SWO Options programs with the exception of the Oceanography option and they are selecting one.
So is the Jan 23 board not selecting for SWO anymore?

asomm1

I'm still not entirely sure what all this means.

So is the Jan 23 board not selecting for SWO anymore?

That's how I read it, yes. They've been "scheduling" boards and canceling them for the past year and a half or so. The board schedule they put out this month, as I was told, was only "tentative" anyways.

Brenbuck, I suppose you're right, but with this, the absolute earliest you'd graduate from OCS would be FY '14. That assumes a lot though...

Lucy

Uhh lots questions so here goes based on my info/seen-

Ruby, any boards that meet around the same time will all look at your app. However, if you get picked up/selected for choice #1 in January, the IDC boards in March will not look at your application.

To everyone else,

Those quotas for FY12 line up with what I have (not what I posted, as I posted the fy13 numbers. There are a few extra for supply and Pilot than I thought, however he does mention those numbers were higher than projected), however, they are not for FY13. There seems to be a reoccuring...confusion with FY selection boards, and FY OCS dates from the blog. FY12 is now, boards occuring in January are nearly all for FY13 selects, meaning people will likely nto be going until July 2012 or later.

It is possible quotas have changed since last month, as you should all know, or that boards have got moved, however, unless your OR tells you so/multiple people hear from their ORs about this, expect the boards to happen.

If means anything, CNRC is accepting apps, so at least are still open and expected for January.

Hope that helps

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
For anyone that has applied for supply since the last board there is going to be a board at the end of this month. I would imagine the deadline has passed but I figured I would let people know. I called the OCS processor and he said that there is a supply board at the end of this month and that I should be good to go for that board! Good luck to anyone else that is in the same boat!

GSR43

This is going to sound like a stupid question, and this may not be the thread I should post it on. Im putting up an application for the Jan boards and figured what the heck.

Do they take your cumlative GPA from all schools attended, or your final GPA from the school you graduated from? I transfered from one ok school (3.6) to a really good school (3.0). As you can imagine, the GPA from the ok school is much better than the other. So do they average them out, how do they figure that?

Lucy

Both. Front page list gpa at most current. Separate sheet shows all schools, gpa at each, and overall gpa.

ruby416

For anyone that has applied for supply since the last board there is going to be a board at the end of this month. I would imagine the deadline has passed but I figured I would let people know. I called the OCS processor and he said that there is a supply board at the end of this month and that I should be good to go for that board! Good luck to anyone else that is in the same boat!
We will be on the same board! Do you know the exact date for the board? Thanks!

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
We will be on the same board! Do you know the exact date for the board? Thanks!

I don't know exactly when but if I were to guess I would say the 21st or 28th with results mid to late December. Thanksgiving is the 24th though so I would put my money on the 28th. Just a guess :) but in any case good luck Ruby!

ruby416

I don't know exactly when but if I were to guess I would say the 21st or 28th with results mid to late December. Thanksgiving is the 24th though so I would put my money on the 28th. Just a guess :) but in any case good luck Ruby!
Thanks and good luck to you too! I figured these two days too since they normally have board on Monday. Hope they will have a good mood since is the holiday season..... I have been pushed from July board all the way till this one, long wait!!!

40/M/ Active Duty AWV1
Applying: Intel
BA in Criminology 3.80 GPA Overall
MS in Criminology 3.90 GPA
OAR 46
Interviews with O-5 Intel, O-6 SNA, O-4 SNA, O-4 SNA
Last Three Evaluations: EP/EP/EP
Awards: Sailor of Year, Instructor of Year

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars

When did you apply? The April board was cancelled the day after I finalized my application- it was never sent. Is this board for those that were submitted in time, or was there another deadline for the submission of Supply applicant packages?

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
This is going to sound like a stupid question, and this may not be the thread I should post it on. Im putting up an application for the Jan boards and figured what the heck.

Do they take your cumlative GPA from all schools attended, or your final GPA from the school you graduated from? I transfered from one ok school (3.6) to a really good school (3.0). As you can imagine, the GPA from the ok school is much better than the other. So do they average them out, how do they figure that?

Lucy is right. I graduated with a 3.82, but my application says 3.64. I took classes at a community college while pursuing my Bachelor's and failed to realize that the grades from those classes would ever matter. Big mistake.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
When did you apply? The April board was cancelled the day after I finalized my application- it was never sent. Is this board for those that were submitted in time, or was there another deadline for the submission of Supply applicant packages?

It is just an unscheduled board. I'm not sure when the deadline was but the processor said I should be at that board and I submitted about a month ago. Hopefully all goes well, and good luck to you if you are at that board as well!

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
It is just an unscheduled board. I'm not sure when the deadline was but the processor said I should be at that board and I submitted about a month ago. Hopefully all goes well, and good luck to you if you are at that board as well!

I don't think I'll be in this one. My package hasn't been submitted for anything yet. Good luck to you!

Lucy

Well last supplemental piece went in, my MA transcript. 4.0 for my first term. Brings overall above 3.5 which is nice. Would have liked to be in for the most recent supply board but ah well.

As a side note, went to my ORs retirement. Was very moving. Can't wait to start. He had 10 duty assignments in 24 years, mostly sea tours, two warfare pins and over 40 awards before recruiting. He was a great chief to those he served with and for, and i am proud to have him be the start to my naval career. Couldn't have asked for better.