• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
So I'm just jumping on the thread now. I applied for STA-21 a couple years ago and wasn't selected and got my bachelors, so now I'm routing my OCS package for SNA and SNFO. Here's some stats for reference if/when I get selected eventually lol.

AT1(AW) (9 years service)
SNA/SNFO application
ASTB: 8/7/7 68
3.35 GPA BS Applied Science and Technology (TESC)
LOR: 0-4 Maintenance Officer
Interviews: 0-5 NFO (XO), 0-3 NFO, 0-3 Pilot (Instructor), 0-3 Pilot (Instructor/LSO of the Year)
Evals: (Old-New) MP, EP, P, MP
PRT: Good, Excellent, DEP/OP, DEP/OP
AWARDS: NAM(2), FLOC, LOC(2), LOA(2), MOVSM
Age Waiver and LASIK Waiver submitted.

Marmaduke

FS SNA
23/M/non-prior
Applied SNA/NFO/SWO
6/7/6 65
BA Law and Justice, Central Washington University - Private and Instrument Pilot's License
3.373 cumulative GPA
LORs O-4 (ex Naval F18 pilot), O-5 (ex Air Force Pilot), O-7 (Navy), E9 (Army)
2.5 years work as a paralegal

Got selected for SNA/NFO in the February boards. No on SWO. Now in the "purgatory" waiting for final select letter.

Last edited:

Kayeshorter

Hey all, this is my first post, and it might be a dumb one, but i'm still unsure as to what the progression is once you submit your packet.

Once the board meets, how long do you generally wait before you hear of the decision?
With regards to the post above, what is the difference between a Pro-rec and a final select letter?
If you don't get selected, do you have to start the process over again (re-submit letters of Rec, MEPS, paperwork etc.) or can some parts or all of the application be resubmitted?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, but I've spent a few hours reading and haven't found a concrete answer to these questions yet. Thanks!

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Hey all, this is my first post, and it might be a dumb one, but i'm still unsure as to what the progression is once you submit your packet.

Once the board meets, how long do you generally wait before you hear of the decision?
With regards to the post above, what is the difference between a Pro-rec and a final select letter?
If you don't get selected, do you have to start the process over again (re-submit letters of Rec, MEPS, paperwork etc.) or can some parts or all of the application be resubmitted?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, but I've spent a few hours reading and haven't found a concrete answer to these questions yet. Thanks!

1) Earliest is a couple of days, or the following week.
2) Pro-rec means you got a slot you were applying for. FS gives your the date for the OCS, and means you officially have the slot.
3) You can resubmit, and add some more things to applications. But the key thing is, you shouldn't be thinking what happens if you dont a pro-rec.

exNavyOffRec

I will expand on 3) yes you can resubmit, but unless something significant changes you have to wait 6 months (retake the ASTB if going aviation that is a significant change), in most cases you have to re-do all the forms and LOR's due to dates will be outside of what they like to see (not more than 6 months old at time of board), your physical is good for 2 years so you don't have to redo that.

Kayeshorter

Thanks for the input, that really helps.

With regards to the final select letter, would you say that receiving a pro-rec is a relatively certain sign that I'll be going into the Navy, or should applicants like myself wait until receiving a final select letter before notifying friends and family (and anxious significant others)? And how long does it usually take to receive the final select letter once you've been pro-rec'd?

Also, I was medically DQ's from aviation due to childhood Asthma, despite the fact that the doctor at MEPS thought that I was going to be granted a waiver. If I need to apply again, can I voluntarily go in to MEPS for another physical, and will my previous disqualification count against me, or will I have a second chance at getting a waiver?