• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

Ancalagon

I'm really pleased to read all these updates and bits of info from everyone's recruiters. I'll check in with my recruiter next week too, and see if he's got any new info. I wish we could get a clear answer from someone as to whether the board actually met or not this week.

Cmoz07

If someone else can confirm, I know EO87 already confirmed it before-the-fact, however got an email response today regarding 30MAR2020 board from Mr. Celestin (which I sent last two weeks ago): "All boards are on hold until further notice, however we are still accepting application and they will get process and ready for board review"

I do not want to email him again, and it might have been a simple "slip" - probably he assumed I am inquiring about the later boards. But if someone have access of AT-BOARD lists, please verify/advise. Thank you.

After I emailed ocsquestions@navy.mil on 19 March inquiring about the board status, I received an email response from Mr. Celestin on 31 March stating “the IWC board was to convene on 30 March 2020, but due to the COVID-19 all boards have been delayed until further notice.” After asking if previous applications would be considered, he stated, “all applications received will be seen at the next convening board whenever it takes place.”

Very frustrating, but hopefully this helps alleviate some uncertainty.

EO87

After I emailed ocsquestions@navy.mil on 19 March inquiring about the board status, I received an email response from Mr. Celestin on 31 March stating “the IWC board was to convene on 30 March 2020, but due to the COVID-19 all boards have been delayed until further notice.” After asking if previous applications would be considered, he stated, “all applications received will be seen at the next convening board whenever it takes place.”

That is very frustrating because it contradicts what I was told by him. I also am set to transfer in August, so I have to set up my moves and things, but I am awaiting these board results.

sd16g

Oh man that would be bad, it doesn't look like the next IWC Board is until June 8 :(

NCCGT

Based on all the contradiction and uncertainty on various other boards and matters pertaining to the application process, I don’t even give any serious consideration to anything on here unless confirmed by multiple others or my recruiter. It’s obviously possible the board was cancelled, but since I haven’t heard it anywhere else (including from my recruiter) and because several people have said the boards can (and do) sometimes take place via virtual meeting spaces, I’m going to continue under the assumption that the board happened.

At least until I hear otherwise from an additional source or two.

exNavyOffRec

That is very frustrating because it contradicts what I was told by him. I also am set to transfer in August, so I have to set up my moves and things, but I am awaiting these board results.

This may help put some things in perspective, while Mr Celestin is helpful in many ways he is in all accounts the low man on the totem pole at NRC, in many cases info from your recruiter should be more accurate as it should go from Director OCS to NRD CO/OACR then to your recruiter, whereas in many cases the NRC processors don't really need to know many items, and yes that can suck for fleet applicants, in reality during my time I found only about half of the info that came from the OCS processors was accurate, in fact I had one program manager who flat out said "you can't go by what the processors tell you", so take info you get from the processors with a grain of salt and when you get all tine info then evaluate.

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
OR officially confirmed yesterday that my application made it to the board and they're "looking at it now." This should mean that if your application made it to the board, it's under consideration. (Of course, probably best to check with your OR.) Mine said he would have the final word in "days." Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion on this thread.

A-Aron

OR officially confirmed yesterday that my application made it to the board and they're "looking at it now." This should mean that if your application made it to the board, it's under consideration. (Of course, probably best to check with your OR.) Mine said he would have the final word in "days." Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion on this thread.
Thank you so much! Finally, a definite answer to the one question we all wanted to know.

EO87

This may help put some things in perspective, while Mr Celestin is helpful in many ways he is in all accounts the low man on the totem pole at NRC, in many cases info from your recruiter should be more accurate as it should go from Director OCS to NRD CO/OACR then to your recruiter, whereas in many cases the NRC processors don't really need to know many items, and yes that can suck for fleet applicants, in reality during my time I found only about half of the info that came from the OCS processors was accurate, in fact I had one program manager who flat out said "you can't go by what the processors tell you", so take info you get from the processors with a grain of salt and when you get all tine info then evaluate.
Thank you for clarification. It is funny though that you sent this, and as I am checking my work email Mr. Celestin sent this to me:

"PO1 Obryant,

Because of travel restriction on board are on hold.

v/r

Mr. Paul Celestin
Navy Recruiting Command N36"

I am just going to go with the boards are occurring, especially since others on here say they heard from their OR that the boards are going.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for clarification. It is funny though that you sent this, and as I am checking my work email Mr. Celestin sent this to me:

"PO1 Obryant,

Because of travel restriction on board are on hold.

v/r

Mr. Paul Celestin
Navy Recruiting Command N36"

I am just going to go with the boards are occurring, especially since others on here say they heard from their OR that the boards are going.

The only boards where they are in the same room tend to be SWO and Aviation, the others are generally remote, there is actually no reason for any of the boards to be held in person.

EO87

The only boards where they are in the same room tend to be SWO and Aviation, the others are generally remote, there is actually no reason for any of the boards to be held in person.
That is very good to know. Even though I also applied for the SWO board coming up in April. Thank you!

First post on the site.....looking forward to joining the discussion. I've wrapped up my application for Intel now and have been working with my recruiter to submit to the June board. If the March board merges with the June board, I imagine I'll be applying in the same class as everyone on this thread. I'm 23 with a 3.8 GPA finance degree and a 68 on the OAR. Non prior.

sd16g

First post on the site.....looking forward to joining the discussion. I've wrapped up my application for Intel now and have been working with my recruiter to submit to the June board. If the March board merges with the June board, I imagine I'll be applying in the same class as everyone on this thread. I'm 23 with a 3.8 GPA finance degree and a 68 on the OAR. Non prior.
Welcome!! That's quite a package haha. Did you apply for just Intel or any others?

EO87

Anyone heard anything from their OR about the board status? Hope everyone is staying safe.