• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ivan has a new toy - special ops version of the HIP

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
No, the hoist on that ship is internal. What you see there is a VK-2500 turboshaft engines. They can strap on one or two for a little extra boost when needed...like the mountains of Afghanistan.
Ha!

It's an APU & cabin heater module, borrowed from the Mi-8 "Salon" VIP model.

The tail rotor is from the Mi-28.

The evolution of the Mi-8 series is a great study into Soviet design theory. The Mil design bureau operates the same today as 50 years ago.

This aircraft will sit and operate with a forward unit for years, with little more than fuel and oil servicing...

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Ha!

It's an APU & cabin heater module, borrowed from the Mi-8 "Salon" VIP model.

The tail rotor is from the Mi-28.

The evolution of the Mi-8 series is a great study into Soviet design theory. The Mil design bureau operates the same today as 50 years ago.

This aircraft will sit and operate with a forward unit for years, with little more than fuel and oil servicing...

Still fucking ugly.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
PHI contract for USSOCOM S-92 in Syria - cool machine. Amazes me that .mil never adopted the S-92 for service. It's a truck.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...r-in-syria-which-was-spotted-again-near-raqqa

C7DmLh5XAAEHt-a.jpg:large

Supporting these guys:

hscs

pilot
S92 was in for the CSAR-X competition but then Boeing did the outside lane smoke with the Chinook. Chinook won and I believe the whole issue went to court and never funded.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
S92 was in for the CSAR-X competition but then Boeing did the outside lane smoke with the Chinook. Chinook won and I believe the whole issue went to court and never funded.

It eventually became the HH-60W program.