• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"It's too late for whoops now"..ha ha

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
He said 'I have a knife', so I shot him.....he said 'whoops'

I like this Mr. Brown, former Green Beret.

Video interview here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/player.aspx?aid=70101&bw=

Link to an article here: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...497A4775ABAB508B8625718F001FAAEC?OpenDocument

Burglar Enters Home With Knife, Leaves With Two Bullet Wounds

By Cordell Whitlock
KSDK-TV

ST. LOUIS, MO -- A burglar picked the wrong home to invade Thursday morning. The intruder had a knife, but the homeowner he encountered pulled out a gun and started shooting.

After breaking Willie Brown's window, the burglar walked upstairs into a bedroom where Brown was sleeping. But after grabbing Brown's wallet, the knife wielding thief received an unexpected and unwelcome surprise when Brown opened his eyes.

Brown said, "He was standing right at the door. He said, 'I got a knife. Don't move.' I said, What? 'I got a knife. Don't move.' Don't move, huh? You got a knife? Okay, you got a knife. And I shot him."

He said, "Whoops!"

"I said it's too late for whoops now. I'm going to put a whoops to this 38."

The wounded suspect ran down the steps as Brown continued firing. A bullet hole is lodged in a wall along the stairwell. The thief made it to his car, but was picked up by police a short time later.

Brown, a 73 year old former Green Beret, says he has protected himself since he fought in the Korean War.

"When I was in Korea I slept in a foxhole, with 5 hand grenades, a 45 automatic and a M-1 rifle"

But it was the 38 caliber handgun Brown kept tucked underneath his pillow that made a difference on Thursday. Brown said, "I keep it up there all the time"

While he said it was unfortunate to have to shoot the man, Brown believes it saved his life. "These days you got to have something to protect yourself or you are going down, because they don't care whether you're old, young, whatever. Woman or man, they'll take you out. They don't care."

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Wow! Good for Mr. Brown! Hopefully he won't get sued for shooting the burglar like homeowners who have been sued by burglars for cutting themselves on windows that they broke in. Score one for the good guy's. Thanks for sharing the story. Cheers! :)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
^I'm not sure it counts as heartwarming if you cut out someone's heart and grill it up. Maybe if you reheat it in the microwave the next day, though. Likewise, I'm not sure if blowing the contents of someone's chest out onto the wall behind them meets the definition, either. Not that I don't agree with you, though. Just a little social commentary on those who post in the firearms forum...

East

东部
Contributor
Way to go Mr Brown; He did not survive Korea to be robbed (or worse) at age 74.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
^I'm not sure it counts as heartwarming if you cut out someone's heart and grill it up. Maybe if you reheat it in the microwave the next day, though. Likewise, I'm not sure if blowing the contents of someone's chest out onto the wall behind them meets the definition, either. Not that I don't agree with you, though. Just a little social commentary on those who post in the firearms forum...

It's heartwarming when the home owner is allowed to defend himself rightly and justly. I'm sick and tired of hearing about criminals being a protected species. If this were England, that home owner would be in jail.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I totally agree with you, and I support ALL states adopting both no-retreat and personal defense-friendly laws. Not only England, but many other nations would have imprisoned the afore mentioned gentleman, as well. Just injecting a bit of humor is all, as I find Mr. Billy-Bad-Ass Robber's comment, "Whoops," funny.

For the record, please replace "social" with "humorous" in my earlier post and accept my appologies for not getting my morning espresso before posting.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
I totally agree with you, and I support ALL states adopting both no-retreat and personal defense-friendly laws. Not only England, but many other nations would have imprisoned the afore mentioned gentleman, as well. Just injecting a bit of humor is all, as I find Mr. Billy-Bad-Ass Robber's comment, "Whoops," funny.

For the record, please replace "social" with "humorous" in my earlier post and accept my appologies for not getting my morning espresso before posting.

Goootcha, message recieved .

"Whoops" is definitely priceless.