• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IT2 starting package w/ ???

itjoew

Ok guys I am starting my OCS package. I am in the process of scheduling my ASTB and mu physical. I am an IT2 working on an Army base. Wanted to know if it will be acceptable to do the physical at the Army medical facility or do I need to drive up to the naval base? :confused:

kidday03

That's up to your recruiter. I was told that either the recruiter could monitor it or you can get it done at a local base. Make sure it is offical and being monitored by someone that is designated by that unit to handle PFT/PRT's.

Tomodachi

pilot
I'm not sure. Maybe you can e-mail the fleet processor and ask the question because he is the one that will kick back the package if he doesnt like the fact an Army facility did your commissioning physical. A Navy flight doc should do your Anthropometric measurements anyways according to NOMI so if I were you I would bite the bullet and call the nearest naval base and schedule the commissioning physical with them and drive up there. That will save the trouble of any hiccups when you submit your package.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's up to your recruiter. I was told that either the recruiter could monitor it or you can get it done at a local base. Make sure it is offical and being monitored by someone that is designated by that unit to handle PFT/PRT's.

He's asking about a "physical" at medical (think Flight Physical or MEPS) that involves being poked and proded and donating liquids, not a PFT/PRT that involve running, situps, pullups, etc. Two entirely different things.

kidday03

Oppps! Totally misread the question, sorry guys! I would definitely check with the recruiter still.

Tomodachi

pilot
Oppps! Totally misread the question, sorry guys! I would definitely check with the recruiter still.

You misread again! lol. He/she is active duty (hence IT2). Active duty peoples normally just get the package together themselves and send it up the chain of command.

niktam

here we go again with punctuation!!!

When you apply, you are going to need to include not only the scores of your PRT, but also the actual print outs off of the PRIMS website for the prt.

now to the actual question you are asking, It depends a little bit on what your applying for, for instance a flight physical needs to be evaluated by a flight doc...etc...etc..