• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Issue

Fueger

Alright so here is my issue. I'm currently 21 and a sophomore/junior at an awesome college. Once I have graduated I have a serious interest in become a marine/naval aviator, but I have a serious problem...my eyes.
Currently I don't have the vision requirements for any military aviation program with uncorrected vision. So I did some research and it turns that there are prk surgery waivers, which I have intended getting prk surgery originally. Though, from also what I have read is that only a military doctor can do the PRK surgery without the patient being disqualified from any kind of flying service. So my question is as a civilian, is there any kind of officer contract that I could do that would give me prk surgury and allow me to have the chance at a flight school?

Fueger

Thanks for the quick reply, but sadly the urls within that topic are 404'd, though I am able to see the rest. Its really giving me a better idea about what I have to do and what hoops I have to jump though.