• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Israel, Palestine, Beat Army?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a bit in one of the articles, to the effect of Bill should be safe this year with all the extra security around.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
'05!? You were in '05 and you're already winged? Jeezus christ and his shiny new bicycle...

Fester '99.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
@ Fester & Phrog... yup. Get this... on top of being winged, I'm a LTJG!!!!! What's this world coming too?!?! (26 months to the day commissioning to wings)

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
@ Fester & Phrog... yup. Get this... on top of being winged, I'm a LTJG!!!!! What's this world coming too?!?! (26 months to the day commissioning to wings)

26 months to NFO winging? You're a tortoise. June 7, 1978 commissioning (yes, a real June Week) to NFO winging on September 30, 1979. In FY79, there was a push to get S-3 NFO's to the fleet, so we began AI on January 7th and were told we'd be done in the fiscal year. My VT-86 class had 28 folks: 25 S-3's, 2 A-6's, 1 EA-6B at selection. One of our S-3's is now a 2-star, Mark Boensel, who was also a Boat School classmate.

When I left the A-6 right seat to go through pilot training, I skipped AI and started Whiting (VT-6) in early August '82, left Whiting for jets in December, and was winged 11 May 1984. I was in VT-4 which, at the time, was still T-2/A-4 strike pilot training, but the slowest of the pipelines. Meridian, Beeville and Kingsville were winging jet guys in 12-14 months at the time.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
They were slow for the FY05 NFO's.... Commissioned 27 May 05, reported to P-Cola end of July. Sat around until Feb '06 to start API. Started primary (VT-4) in May '06. Went through to intermediate with no delays, started at VT-86 right before Thanksgiving, so a couple breaks there. And to further delay my winging, I took some "My wife's gonna have a baby any day now" leave right before we started the air-to-air stuff in advanced.

That's why I was such a tortoise.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Enjoy the RAG. When you hit the fleet, your attitude will be "oh, how I miss the carefree days of doing nothing in Pensacola but learning how to fly. I wish my training time had been doubled."

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Enjoy the RAG. When you hit the fleet, your attitude will be "oh, how I miss the carefree days of doing nothing in Pensacola but learning how to fly. I wish my training time had been doubled."

I'm scheduled to start the RAG this coming Friday... but I won't believe it until I start, and even then, it'll be questionable.