• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Israel, Palestine, Beat Army?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just noticed something - are they really holding this Middle East Peace Conference thing at the Boat School in the middle of Army week? Or is Army week one of those things the new Supe has outlawed because We're At War?

Anyway, I think we can all agree that someone doing a Wildman during a state dinner would vastly help things along.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I just noticed something - are they really holding this Middle East Peace Conference thing at the Boat School in the middle of Army week? Or is Army week one of those things the new Supe has outlawed because We're At War?

Anyway, I think we can all agree that someone doing a Wildman during a state dinner would vastly help things along.

Yes, the conference is next week. I didn't realize that was the middle of Army week. Wow, that is a below in headwork for everybody.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess next week's Army week...the game's Dec 1. Having the Secret Service crawling around will probably cut way back on recons. "Yeah, sure, it's a secure location. They idiots running around wearing camoflauge trying to kidnap and duct-tape people in the middle of the night are just after the Woops, so pay them no mind."

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I guess next week's Army week...the game's Dec 1. Having the Secret Service crawling around will probably cut way back on recons. "Yeah, sure, it's a secure location. They idiots running around wearing camoflauge trying to kidnap and duct-tape people in the middle of the night are just after the Woops, so pay them no mind."

Army week is this week, techinically. It's been locked up until the conference is over. We'll see what happens; plebes might still be able to rate some things, but yeah, the nighttime raids/shenanigans/recons/"spirit" missions etc., have definitely been made clear to us that they are locked up for now. Don't want foreign security shooting at mids in cammies.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
The USNA: Taking all the fun out of shit for over 150 years!

If there's some kind of historic peace accord that comes out of this, no one really has the right to bitch, I guess.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
With Palestine divided between FATAH and Hamas (and Pres. Abbas with a slippery grip as it is on his own party), and Syria and Iran relying on Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah as leverage points with their own negotiations with the US, There is no incentive and no centralized leadership or ability for anyone on the Palestine side to accept or reject any concessions from Israel: At this point Israel could offer up Jerusalem without anyone able to accept the deal... the smartest route from an Israeli perspective is to exaggerate the break between Hamas and FATAH, continue the policy of economically isolating the Gaza Strip while making the West Bank financially dependent on Israel, and work at a way to exploit the political friction in Palestine in such a way that that the rest of the Arab world no longer supports the Palestinian cause...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Israel-Palestine thing was only useful to the Arab states because it gave them a common cause. They have no love at all for Palestine, but it gave them a convenient way to distract their populaces. However, the Arabs also don't like, and are genuinely afraid of, Iran. They may now have incentive to lean on the Palestinians to knock it off and tie off this particular problem so that they don't have to deal with hostile nuke-armed states to the east and west. However, as raptor pointed out, the Palestinians aren't under any one faction's control. Abbas could sign a full peace treaty with Israel tomorrow and it still wouldn't solve everything.

I was just saying, a few days at the Chesapeake Clown College during Army week should do wonders.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot

They're only going to be on the actual Academy grounds one day. All other meetings are in DC.

BEAT ARMY.

'78: the last class with a real June week, first semester exams after Christmas break, and a slide rule issued on I-Day.

phrogpilot73

[THREADJACK]

So I was driving home yesterday and was behind an SUV. In MD, truck license plates start with an M. So I'm staring at the license plate wondering why my NADN log in/alpha code was on his truck. m985928... Eerie.

[/THREADJACK]

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
[THREADJACK]

So I was driving home yesterday and was behind an SUV. In MD, truck license plates start with an M. So I'm staring at the license plate wondering why my NADN log in/alpha code was on his truck. m985928... Eerie.

[/THREADJACK]

Weird indeed... I've seen close to mine on some MD plates, but not exactly.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
they should have paraded Bill the goat through the conference room as a prank.... could have even painted a "put a jihad on Army" sign on him!

schwarti

Contributor
I could see that going over about as well as a lead balloon.

...but I'd still like to see it. :D