• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Israel launches anti-hijack pilot ID system

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Security Tokens for all authorized pilots... interesting

http://www.reuters.com/article/tech...21?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0&sp=true

r

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I know I am a bit picky, but next time would you mind linking to the first page in the article? ;)

Interesting stuff though....

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I know I am a bit picky, but next time would you mind linking to the first page in the article? ;)
This has hinge written all over it......I feel bad for the PAO who has to work for you some day :)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Link has been updated... I'm running the Firefox 3 beta, and so far it's been glitchy but with lots of cool features... and I will chock that up to one of the glitches because I am infallible... :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Link has been updated... I'm running the Firefox 3 beta, and so far it's been glitchy but with lots of cool features...
If you want airline security ... stay at the El Al flight crew layover hotels. Top security. Period.

For the rest of it --- how do you like Firefox 3 ??? I looked at a couple of reviews ... I'm not sure it's ready "for me". Does it kill Firefox 2 when you install it or can you run them side-by-side in two browser windows for comparison??? I suspect I know the answer to that one .... but: :)

MasterBates

I have 2 and 3 installed but I am running Linux so I have a bit more power over what installs and what does not.

Trying 3, but prefer 2. 3 Crashes in chat a lot.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
If you want airline security ... stay at the El Al flight crew layover hotels. Top security. Period.

For the rest of it --- how do you like Firefox 3 ??? I looked at a couple of reviews ... I'm not sure it's ready "for me". Does it kill Firefox 2 when you install it or can you run them side-by-side in two browser windows for comparison??? I suspect I know the answer to that one .... but: :)
Don't get it just yet, as although it is more stable than the firefox 2 that I was running, it has a lot of glitches such as
  • Not being able to bookmark - for some reason it doesn't recognize it when you click on "bookmark this page" or use the bookmark shortcut (ironically the bookmark all tabs function works)
  • Hovering annoying popup text - you've seen the popup text that appears when you hover over a link, well it persists wherever your mouse rests and it doesn't register new links
  • Also a lot of my add-ons weren't supported when I first installed it, but slowly they have been made compatible (Ad-block plus was set up from the get go)
Why am I still using it? Mostly to help out the dev community, however I have found one useful tool, if you are closing out of firefox and you have a bunch of tabs open it asks if you want to save those tabs so that when you open it up again, voilà you can pick right up where you left off. It also uses a new vector drawing system for redering webpages that seems to have sped up my browsing substantially (especially with airwarriors and youtube),but it does a crappy job on some other pages (cnet.com engadget.com), but it's done this all while using about have as much memory as FF2...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have 2 and 3 installed but I am running Linux so I have a bit more power over what installs and what does not.

Trying 3, but prefer 2. 3 Crashes in chat a lot.

What distro? I downloaded the latest Fedora, but haven't run it yet.

MasterBates

I'm running Ubuntu 32-Bit on my 64-bit laptop. Too many problems getting Flash, etc to work on 64 bit (geared more towards servers/work computers) and since the most number crunch intensive thing I use is a spreadsheet, I don't see a difference in performance.

Version 7.10, Kernel 2.26.22-14
1GB Ram
Twin-CPU AMD 64. Clock speed escapes me.

Vista brings this thing to its knees.

I have had a mother trying to get my printer to work properly, (odd model Canon) but other than that it was working out of the box.

The only driver I had to make/compile was my AirCard for wirelless (CELL) internet.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vista brings this thing to its knees.
I'm torn. I really don't mind Vista, and I built a system that can handle it (E6750, GeForce 8800GTS, 2GB RAM) . . . but why does the OS need to hog so many resources?
Pretty soon we'll have Windows Whatever needing a minimum of 4 Gigs of RAM and a 6-core CPU . . . Sheesh . . .