• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ISO: Aircraft Ready Room Chairs

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
if i wanted a cool chair for the office and had the cash to spare, i'd rather go for one of these in a GRU-7 model
There was a decommed Tomcat one on eBay awhile back for a cool $30K, but nothing from God's truncated chariot.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While they are very unique and very Naval Aviation I cant imagine having one and actually using it very much. If I had a ready room chair and a nice lazyboy in my home I'm willing to bet I'd use the lazy boy a lot more. They're only good to sit in when there's no other alternative (ie the boat. Which has surprisingly few chairs and even fewer comfortable ones).
Mine actually sits right next to a Lazy Boy. The RR chair gets about as much use as the recliner. But it could be that some folks that come around the hangar are afraid of Black Widows taking up residence in the Lazy Boy. The RR chair is still in need of a restoration 40 years after I got it. The recliner is past it's prime too. The beach towel hides worn upholstery. The joke is my hangar is like the Island of Misfit Toys from the animated Rudolph Christmas movie. Broken replaced or past it prime, it goes to the hangar for hospice. Tunes are courtesy my college Pioneer tuner and BIC speakers, old mini fridges make good dust proof containers, second set of tools in the hangar are replaced tools from home, two dining tables and chairs, old bar table top Galaxia video game, file cabinet replaced by flash drives, former wet bar cabinetry, old children's bikes, and more.

jcradcliff

In search of a pair of those cool aircraft carrier ready room chairs. Any possible leads would be appreciated!
View attachment 28414
Did you ever find one, got one in a storage auction. Didn’t even see chair cause it was covered up but the unit was somewhat costly and I could sell ya the chair if interested

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
While they are very unique and very Naval Aviation I cant imagine having one and actually using it very much. If I had a ready room chair and a nice lazyboy in my home I'm willing to bet I'd use the lazy boy a lot more. They're only good to sit in when there's no other alternative (ie the boat. Which has surprisingly few chairs and even fewer comfortable ones).
Agreed. For nostalgic value, I have models, photos, and lithos, plus one of my old helmets (the other one is still in active use, and lives at work).

In my first squadron, we once gave a departing skipper a personalized RR chair that had the names of all the officers and chiefs embroidered on it. That was a really cool and unique gift the wardroom put together. Only possible because our old carrier was going into the yard, and they were ditching a bunch of RR chairs.

My favorite thought is a buddy who ejected during a midair years ago. He has the ejection seat in his basement, complete with seat kit and cushion.