• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this what goes on at the academy?

phrogpilot73

Which would work very well if the military was a female-dominated profession.

However, as it is not, you leave yourself wide open for (well-deserved) mockery and ridicule from your future seniors, peers, and subordinates when you decide to record and post tripe like the subject video.*

But hey, keep posting. Nothing on the InterWebs is permanent.

"Ensign/Lieutenant, I think it is great that you were in that video that all the troops are watching on YouTube right now. Because you were in that video, the shop/platoon has a greater respect for you and the Academy." - A conversation that will never occur between you and your Chief/Gunny after they see videos like this

*Of course, if you find yourself the 'victim' of such mockery and ridicule, there are numerous avenues by which you can report these incidents. In fact, the managers of the (collateral duty) reporting programs are most likely peers of yours anyway.
Got a secret for you... They've already figured it out - REGARDLESS of where you went to school...
2010-03-19-Strip_22_Why_Hes_Always_Late_web.jpg

2010-09-03-Strip_61_Why_Hes_Always_Late_2_web.gif

2010-06-25-Strip_46_Educated_Leadership_web.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Got a secret for you... They've already figured it out - REGARDLESS of where you went to school...
2010-03-19-Strip_22_Why_Hes_Always_Late_web.jpg

2010-09-03-Strip_61_Why_Hes_Always_Late_2_web.gif

2010-06-25-Strip_46_Educated_Leadership_web.jpg

Whoa there @ Terminal Lance (whoever that may be).......maybe go to Oregon and visit OSU. It is not UofO, and it doesn't reek of pot or burned out hippies. I lived for considerable amounts of time in both places, and the difference is like comparing Austin to College Station (since that has been a theme of discussion here). OR is pretty damned red once you get outside of the Eugene and Portland metro areas, and most of the kids from those other places go to school at OSU. Just sayin......

phrogpilot73

Whoa there @ Terminal Lance (whoever that may be).......maybe go to Oregon and visit OSU. It is not UofO, and it doesn't reek of pot or burned out hippies. I lived for considerable amounts of time in both places, and the difference is like comparing Austin to College Station (since that has been a theme of discussion here). OR is pretty damned red once you get outside of the Eugene and Portland metro areas, and most of the kids from those other places go to school at OSU. Just sayin......
Holy crap dude. It's a friggin' joke.

Lighten up Francis.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Holy crap dude. It's a friggin' joke.

Lighten up Francis.

Don't worry I wasn't actually upset....I very much enjoy making fun of those people, Portlandia being an accurate and well done example, but they picked the wrong school for this one :)

phrogpilot73

Don't worry I wasn't actually upset....I very much enjoy making fun of those people, Portlandia being an accurate and well done example, but they picked the wrong school for this one :)
I went back and read his commentary (he doesn't one for every strip, usually explaining the genesis of it, or his thoughts on the matter), and it looks like the college was a completely random choice...

Whoa there @ Terminal Lance (whoever that may be).......
This part still makes me chuckle... He only signs his friggin' comics!!

Meet the man, the myth, the legend...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The guy is funny......and pretty clever to be able to make a pastime (or maybe living?) making fun of the Marines while in the process, supporting them. So no grumpy MIDNJAC here.......and he mentioned my old home, Oceanside, which the wife and I miss a lot these days (even if VA Beach aint bad either) :)

phrogpilot73

The guy is funny......and pretty clever to be able to make a pastime (or maybe living?) making fun of the Marines while in the process, supporting them.
He's a guy that could have gone one route (disgruntled when he left AD), but he took it a whole 'nother... He's going to school for art via the Post 9/11, and has a couple of other projects - but Terminal Lance is his widest known. He's published weekly in the Marine Corps Times, so he can't be doing TOO bad...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
He's a guy that could have gone one route (disgruntled when he left AD), but he took it a whole 'nother... He's going to school for art via the Post 9/11, and has a couple of other projects - but Terminal Lance is his widest known. He's published weekly in the Marine Corps Times, so he can't be doing TOO bad...

Right on, best of luck to the man

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, and I read through some of his older strips... He's originally from Portland, so maybe there WAS something behind his choosing the school... ;)
Having attended the great state school in Oregon, I'm gonna side with MIDNJAC and say it is more likely that it would take place at UofO vice OSU. On a side note, the comic was pretty damn funny...

-ea6bflyr ;)