• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this the end ?

jpmatta16

I told them everything, but Im guessing they didnt believe me I guess... when they got my driving record they did and she said I got to talk to the captain on wednesday.

Let me put it this way:

How did your OSO find out about your "record"?

Did you outline it in full detail with your application? Or did the OSO find the details from another source? If the answer is the former, you may have a chance. If the answer is the later, you deserve no consideration, period.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I told them everything, but Im guessing they didnt believe me I guess... when they got my driving record they did and she said I got to talk to the captain on wednesday.

Figure out how to write a coherent sentence, please. Stop breaking the law all over the place. Get your shit squared away. Apply again later if it's possible. If not, do all the above anyways with the exception of applying again.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

"Maybe I could be a truck driver. You got
the number of that truck-driving school?"

funny_truck.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have taken care of everything for some time now, but as I stated before it is still on my record.

You need to realize that from the service perspective that they are selecting individuals with best potential to succeed in challenging physical, mental and leadership positions.

Being Speed Racer is a very expensive proposition yet you continued to speed and it is the law you are disregarding woefully. If you were caught that many times, you likely were speeding 10x (or more) for every ticket. You state you "took care of everything ", but you only took care of what you owed the court (and not in a timely fashion by your own admission). You didn't fix yourself and that's what the OSO is looking at in your character and potential to lead by example.

So the red flashing light here is you were given plenty of chances to realize that you didn't respect the law. That doesn't demonstrate to the OSO that you'd be a good risk because there hasn't been an indication that you woke up and corrected your behavior. A Naval Officer is expected to adhere to highest standards and set an example for others. At that you have failed whether you took care of the tickets on time or not. Doesn't sound that has sunk into your cranium.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I think there are a lot of us out there that are/were lead foots... When I say lead foot, i'm talking 5 MAYBE 10 over... Not 120mph in a 45. I have had 10 tickets or so since I started driving 9-10 years ago... A couple I got taken off with traffic school, a couple I fought (won on at least one occassion), I think one was a broken taillight, another was driving the wrong way on a divided highway (drove into the exit of a Wendy's drive through, VetteMuscle will tell you all about it).

Of those, I've been late on one due to a mix up with the court that got taken care of.

I think this goes back to the other thread about the debt.... It's not necessarily HOW MUCH debt you have, but what kind of debt it is, and if you have met your obligations or not.

There are many naval officers that are several hundred thousand dollars in debt, but haven't made one late payment in their lives, and have a couple thousand on a credit card, 100k or so in student loans, and 150k or so on a mortgage etc etc....

Compare this with a guy that has has 20k in credit card debt that is a year delinquent, he's probably never going to get at shot.

The point is, that people get speeding tickets from time to time (some people don't). For the most part, I think they are a relatively minor infraction, pending you aren't being excessively wreckless and don't get them 6 times a year. The problem you have my friend, is you were excessively late in paying the piper, and from what it sounds like, got 4-5/year for 2-3 years running.

I think it would be a bit of a stretch to say that people that drive 5-10 over the posted limit have a blatant disprespect for the law. I think the key is to when you screw up, own up to it, correct your actions (don't get another speeding ticket in as long of a time possible), pay the fine and move on.

Who knows... This is just one guys take on it all anyhow...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
another was driving the wrong way on a divided highway (drove into the exit of a Wendy's drive through, VetteMuscle will tell you all about it).

LOL. I think you got that one because I couldn't stop laughing after we got pulled over. My bad. Rep for the old (5 years?) memories.