• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this the end ?

jpmatta16

I know that this is been asked before, but i have not found anything that relates to my situation. Im currently putting my package together for BDCP on a SNA slot.I have a big problem... 13 traffic tickets!! (i know i know let down the gas) in the past 2 years only 2 tickets can i get a waiver for this?? My gpa is a 3.2 on a BD on professional aviation, 92su, 58pu, 10:03 on the run. i have not taken the ASTB but i should do good since im currently working on my commercial rating with 182 hours. I wil have all the way to jet training because is part of my degree. will this just kill my chances of being selected?? please any light would be greatly appreciated

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know that this is been asked before, but i have not found anything that relates to my situation. Im currently putting my package together for BDCP on a SNA slot.I have a big problem... 13 traffic tickets!! (i know i know let down the gas) in the past 2 years only 2 tickets can i get a waiver for this?? My gpa is a 3.2 on a BD on professional aviation, 92su, 58pu, 10:03 on the run. i have not taken the ASTB but i should do good since im currently working on my commercial rating with 182 hours. I wil have all the way to jet training because is part of my degree. will this just kill my chances of being selected?? please any light would be greatly appreciated

Not to come across as offensive, but is English your first language?

jpmatta16

For all of you that know about security clearance..

So I had 10k in credit card debt and had in collections for the last 2 years. I just started paying it back, but since they were in collections they gave me a settlement and I took it. I know that for your security clearance it does not look good to have financial problems but they were in the past and Im paying them, does it matter that it shows on the credit report as settle for less? I also had a family members car under my name and it got repo and I got a judgement put on there, im also paying that right now. Is that a no-go for security clearance?

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
So I had 10k in credit card debt and had in collections for the last 2 years. I just started paying it back, but since they were in collections they gave me a settlement and I took it. I know that for your security clearance it does not look good to have financial problems but they were in the past and Im paying them, does it matter that it shows on the credit report as settle for less? I also had a family members car under my name and it got repo and I got a judgement put on there, im also paying that right now. Is that a no-go for security clearance?

If it's resolved, and you're paying it off/paid it off, and you have no bankruptcy's, you should be ok. 10K ain't nothin....

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
Well... I have seen people get hung up on a security clearance over less.
It's not the 10K in debt that's really an issue. It's more what the investigators may term "a pattern of financial irresponsibility".
Do you have charge-offs on your credit report? If so, that will appear negatively, regardless of whether or not you contacted the company and are making payments now. Same with a reposession. If there are no charge-offs, it will simply show that the bills are past due.

My advice to you:
1) keep making payments and being smart with your credit. Go to a budget counselor and document a written plan for the payments if you need to. That way, if they come back with a letter of intent to deny the clearance, you can show proof that you went through a tough time, but have come up with a plan and turned your finances around, i.e. you are not a person who wants to embrace chronic financial irresponsibility. This may help. If nothing else, it won't hurt.

2) before you fill out your SF-86, pull a free credit report from the internet. Then, use it to make sure you are 110% upfront about all your accounts and their exact current status on the SF-86. Do not guess or omit information. This will cause your clearance to become a giant issue.

jpmatta16

So my OSO called today and she said she received my driving record, now while I dont have 1 mayor vialotion I do have a very bad record. when I was 17 I liked to go fast and got a lot of tickets... like 12 in a 2-3 year period. I never had the money to pay them on time so I would have to wait to pay them and unfortunately I would pay them a couple of days late. to resume, my license had orders to be suspended 11 times but only 3 times and I say only because it could have been 11 times, but I was able to pay the ticket before the day it was going to be suspended. My OSO HR said this would be a no go for my package... any insight?

jpmatta16

No bankruptcy here just debt and tickets.... it is all behind its been behind but its still on my records. I posted because I want to get an insight and know if there are waivers or if it desqualifies me automatically.

Turtl3 said:
Dude what is going on. You've got all of the issues, tickets, debt, bankruptcy and you've posted a bunch about it on USNAVYOCS. Is all this stuff really behind you or are you trying to weasel your way around your record?

Malice 1

pilot
So my OSO called today and she said she received my driving record, now while I dont have 1 mayor vialotion I do have a very bad record. when I was 17 I liked to go fast and got a lot of tickets... like 12 in a 2-3 year period. I never had the money to pay them on time so I would have to wait to pay them and unfortunately I would pay them a couple of days late. to resume, my license had orders to be suspended 11 times but only 3 times and I say only because it could have been 11 times, but I was able to pay the ticket before the day it was going to be suspended. My OSO HR said this would be a no go for my package... any insight?

I probably had more tickets than you in a similar time frame. BUT..... I paid them on time, or fought them in court, or requested a payment extension from the judge, which was ALWAYS granted.

It's a little late now for you, but you need to handle your fuck-ups in a more responsible way.

jpmatta16

I know I do, I have taken care of everything for some time now, but as I stated before it is still on my record.

I probably had more tickets than you in a similar time frame. BUT..... I paid them on time, or fought them in court, or requested a payment extension from the judge, which was ALWAYS granted.

It's a little late now for you, but you need to handle your fuck-ups in a more responsible way.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
... any insight?

Let me put it this way:

How did your OSO find out about your "record"?

Did you outline it in full detail with your application? Or did the OSO find the details from another source? If the answer is the former, you may have a chance. If the answer is the later, you deserve no consideration, period.