• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this as insane as it seems?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
If she wants to practice her foreign language skills tell her to be a Bilingual Nurse or teach Spanish/German/French. Those are two careers that make it easier to find jobs in new locations for military spouses.

As for waiting until after your first cruise to get married I have mixed feelings about. Only you can make those decisions and it really depends on what kind of person SHE is. Also I would factor in how long you have been dating her too. Depending on what platform you go and time to train it could end up being over three years away from the time you commission until after your first cruise.

I see buddies who are dating death traps and others who are dating rock stars. Same goes with my married friends. Some of their wifes give them shit and others are nothing but supportive and dig the military life style. Personally, I think in this line of work nothing is better then a moder girl who has her own life and aspirations. Having a needy wife sitting at home waiting for you and who's life revolves around you is disastrous for what we do... My two cents... probably ain't worth much but thought I would throw it out there.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
and getting a girl who wants her own career...and specificallly in healthcare or teaching is a good idea..that way she can move to your duty stations and be able to continue her career as well. i would think its tough for a woman who is in advertising/marketing..or is a professional (lawyer, doctor, cpa).. finding that balance is key i would assume.

helo_wifey

and getting a girl who wants her own career...and specificallly in healthcare or teaching is a good idea..that way she can move to your duty stations and be able to continue her career as well. i would think its tough for a woman who is in advertising/marketing..or is a professional (lawyer, doctor, cpa).. finding that balance is key i would assume.

I think the key to this is finding someone with drive/ambition to get a job when none in their field is available or taking something that might be "below" them (i.e. they have a masters degree but take something like a waitress, etc) to stay working and busy.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Few if any CTI's are stationed in Whidbey, where the EP-3's are. We pick them up on the road.

I had no idea...

340.jpg

SkywardET

Contrarian
Sounds like she just wanted to share in your life, actually. Not everyone makes career choices by evaluating the impact it will have on them financially or otherwise. The whole CTI thing was probably a way to make it more appealing to her.

Anyways, that's just my ignorant psychoanalysis. Sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders anyways.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had no idea...

340.jpg

One thing I do have to give CT's, they had a higher ratio of good looking women in the Navy than any other single rating I ever saw. I was pleasantly surprised at some who came on our plane. I just had to remember that the were CT's when I was hammered out on the town and ran into them, "If they have American accents, steer clear".

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
One thing I do have to give CT's, they had a higher ratio of good looking women in the Navy than any other single rating I ever saw. I was pleasantly surprised at some who came on our plane. I just had to remember that the were CT's when I was hammered out on the town and ran into them, "If they have American accents, steer clear".

I walked down "Ops Row" in the back of the Rivet Joint once and saw some NOT UGLY operators, by end of deployment everyone was friendly... let's just say one of the not ugly ones was giving a co-pilot a lap dance at a local club one night.

We let it slide, but watched the two of them closely to make sure there wasn't anything to disturb "good order and dicipline" on the crew later. There's nothing like jealous crew members bitching and moaning about how some hot linguist is shacking up with some pilot O. If they were doing anything, we didn't see it other than the one night.