• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

is this a bad astb score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

I just took the astb and made a 43 on it. My GPA is over a 3.0 in History and I have been working throughout college. The math kicked my ass! The recruiter wants me to take it again. Do I have a chance in HELL? I am going for Supply OR NFO.
Thanks guys

bbennett73

I scored 57 OAR and have been pro rec'd and board recommended by intel (no final selection yet). Not sure where I fall on the spectrum, but I've had good news so far. Of course, ASTB scores are only a part of the app.

I got 7s and a 51 and I was rejected for NFO twice... and I have a 3.0 too. So, I'd try to get at least that high if I were you...

vinny

dont let people tell you 43 is too low. i just got pro rec for SNA. its about the entire package! have a 43 and a GREAT package then you have a fighting chance. remember they want fighter pilots in their planes...not stephen hawkings. i come from a long line of pilots/fighter pilots and they would tell you that they would rather have a wingman with a 3.0gpa than one with a 4.0gpa HA! good luck

Kycntryboy

pilot
A 43 is a 43, it depends on how much effort you put into the ASTB to get that score. True it does matter with the all around package, but if you really want the get in, you got to look for every niche that you can climb yourself up a little higher with. Remember ever inch adds up, that can possible seperate you from another applicant, if you feel you can do better that a 43 than take the test again, nothing is done without risk though.

spongebob

Lets put it this way, you scored below average. You did worse then most people who take this test. Is that really how smart you are? If it is, then ok, live with that score. If you think you are smarter then average, and want the selection board to think so too, then retake it. I will also say that your score is going to be a reflection of how much time/effort you put into your studying. If you go through 2+ ASTB study guides from the bookstore plus the gouge from this website and do every problem till you understand it perfectly then you will most definately beat the hell out of the test.

hellodollies

yeah, I was stashed at NOMI Operational Psych this fall waiting for API and I scored alot of scantrons and viewed the scores that were selected and you do need to take the test again, your going to need at least a 60 OAR to be considered for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.