• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is There An Officer Crucible?

SMARTI

:icon_zbee I KNOW THAT IN BOOT CAMP THEY HAVE ONE, BUT SEEING HOW THE THREE PHASES OF BOOT CAMP ARE MIMICKED AND SPREAD OUT IN OCC THROUGH TBS I WONDERED IF IT'S SOMEWHERE IN THERE.:icon_zbee

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Sule II is about as close as it gets at OCS. I've never been through bootcamp so I can't comment on the similarities or differences. However, rest assured Sule II is a kick in the nuts. Injuries are common. It's a 13 mile hump starting at 0100 ending at about 0600. You eat chow and cammy up for about 15 minutes and then it's off on a graded squad leadership excercise where everyone gets a chance to lead. You run during that entire eval. so it amounts to between a 9 and 12 mile jaunt. So you're pushing 22-25 miles consecutively with no sleep. It's a riot.

pjxc415

pilot
tack on to that training evolution puking the night before, taking pills that dehydrate you, having diarrhea, and no appetite ... makes for one hell of a good time

Midshipmanjosh

The best part about sule 2 in my humble opinion was eating along the way. During that 15 min to cammie up, i didn't get to eat so i just stuffed as much food in my pockets as possible and all along the way i was eating. It helped pass the time.

Sule 2 and everything up there is really all that bad. Looking back, crap could have been a hell of a lot worse. You get personal time at the end of almost every night. And if stay on top of your crap during the day, you can sleep at night. You just have to make up your mind before you start the whole thing that you aren't going to quit and nothing that they throw at you can make you quit. Sorry about jacking the thread. Good luck to you 190'ers.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
Sule II used to be called the Crucible too.

Yeah but it was called SULE II when the crucible was just Gen Krulak's good idea of the day.

Crowbar

None
The SULE II that the Crucible was based on (2-3 days of fun in the sun) is no more at OCS. SULE II is now a one-day event that lasts about 18 hours.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Crowbar said:
The SULE II that the Crucible was based on (2-3 days of fun in the sun) is no more at OCS. SULE II is now a one-day event that lasts about 18 hours.

They took apart SULE II? So what is in its place now? When did this happen?

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Anyone know why they made SULE II smaller? I was under the impression it was still at least a 2 day event until one of my buddies from juniors said he got it done in less than a day.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Juniors don't do Sule II, I don't know where he got that. If it's gotten smaller, it wasn't recently. It's been the same as I described above for awhile.

Crowbar

None
SULE I and SULE II changed sometime between summer '03 and summer '04. I think DocT is describing the 'new' one.