• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the navigation over the sea requires BS/BA?

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Well, it is not actual scenario, I agree. But you all know - he laughs best who laughs last, gentlemen:)
Who knows what will be required from everyone when SA is on frozen water level, as well as IQ of commanders and subordinates...
Anyway, contemporary officer in charge of navigation of course shouldn't know how to use the sextant except for cracking the nuts or hitting the pirate's head (this ancient tool is heavy enough), given the fact that there should be two big books with stars charts to use it properly (one of them is heavy enough, too), but it seems to me the clever air warrior, in turn, shouldn't overestimate the redundancy of modern navigational systems. That JDAM that had hit the Chinese ambassy in the city of Belgrad, Yugoslavia, in 1999, had reportedly been fooled by the Russian-made ECM device. I think this is fake, but again, who knows...