• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the forum down?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I can access the page seemingly, and people can post, but I push the "forum" button and get the "down" message.

Or is this an old version that's up for the moment or something?

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
eddie said:
I can access the page seemingly, and people can post, but I push the "forum" button and get the "down" message.

Or is this an old version that's up for the moment or something?

Same thing happens with me. To state the obvious, I think that the majority of people who post here can't access the site at all. Guess were the lucky ones. Or it could be senior skip day(s), and we just weren't cool enough to find out about it.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I wonder how fly is takin it. He probably has no idea what to do with his free time....

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, Fly does have a girlfriend, so I bet he's doing just fine. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Database crash was the default disclaimer message .... Web-san is working on it ..... :)

It presents an opportunity for everyone to get a life .... ????? :confused:

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Back up, sorta...

STOCK, aka "VANILLA" website, with no thrills....

So, no "where's this function??", please... I will get to it shortly (or maybe not...)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
I wonder how fly is takin it. He probably has no idea what to do with his free time....

I've been busy dropping bombs, thank you very much.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rep points no workie.
Yeah Fly how were your hits, keep in mind Ive seen fleet guys end up 2200M long recently, maybe we should send them back to the orange and white birds.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CEPs were 115, 155, 127, 135, 62.5, 75, and 67.5 feet. My worst bomb was about 320 feet and my best was a bullseye. Those CEPs are all manual bombing. We don't do CCIP until the last two hops and those CEPs don't count (you drop 4 manual and 4 CCIP on those hops, CEP is based off the manual).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
CEPs were 115, 155, 127, 135, 62.5, 75, and 67.5 feet. My worst bomb was about 320 feet and my best was a bullseye. Those CEPs are all manual bombing. We don't do CCIP until the last two hops and those CEPs don't count (you drop 4 manual and 4 CCIP on those hops, CEP is based off the manual).
Continued threadjack (maybe move it??):

Good job for "manual" dive bombing for someone so young and innocent .... were they 45 degree/450 KIAS runs ??? Your early CEP's were basically a "learning experience" ... so it looks like you were getting the program figured out toward the end. Good progress from the low 100's CEP's to the middle 60-70's in only, what .... ???? ..... 7 hops??? What do you drop --- is it still 6 Mk 76's per hop?? How were the winds, etc. ??

The trend is what I would be pleased with, were I you. It used to be quite "normal" for a STUD to plunk 'em in @ 100-150' CEP. Not great, but --- HEY, you're learning. But to get your last three hops ("manual" dive bombing --- we used to call it "Iron Sight", i.e., no bells or whistles) significantly under a 100' CEP, to my way of thinking (and grading, back-in-the-day), is ABOVE AVERAGE, Fly-Guy.

I know some experienced Fleet Aviators who could not get a 60-70' CEP (or a hit !!!) on any given day ...... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Good job for "manual" dive bombing for someone so young and innocent .... were they 45 degree/450 KIAS runs ??? Your early CEP's were basically a "learning experience" ... so it looks like you were getting the program figured out toward the end. Good progress from the low 100's CEP's to the middle 60-70's in only, what .... ???? ..... 7 hops??? What do you drop --- is it still 6 Mk 76's per hop?? How were the winds, etc. ??

Ok, I goofed up my CEPs. The actuals are 115, 155, 137, 127, 130, 62.5, 75, 67.5. I was doing them from memory and my memory was wrong... oops. They were 30 degree/450 KTAS runs. I only dropped one bomb in the 10 degree pattern and that was a shack :) We drop 8 Mk 76's per hop (on the 75 and 67.5 CEPs, that was computed with 5 and 4 Mk 76's, respectively. The remaining bombs were CCIP and didn't count for the CEP calculation). The winds SUCKED for most of the flights. Anywhere from 20-40 knots at release altitude and 25-60, yes I said 60 knots at pattern altitude. Made for some interesting hops. One day we had about 5 knot winds at release and another with 15 knot winds at release. That sharp drop in CEPs is because I finally hammered out my "tip in point" on the attack cone. It kept falling out of my scan in some of the earlier ones, making me throw long bombs. That 127 CEP could have been a 70, easy, if I was paying attention like I should have been. Once I got that hammered out though, it all fell into place :)

The trend is what I would be pleased with, were I you. It used to be quite "normal" for a STUD to plunk 'em in @ 100-150' CEP. Not great, but --- HEY, you're learning. But to get your last three hops ("manual" dive bombing --- we used to call it "Iron Sight", i.e., no bells or whistles) significantly under a 100' CEP, to my way of thinking (and grading, back-in-the-day), is ABOVE AVERAGE, Fly-Guy.

Thanks A4s, I'm happy with what I did. I learned a lot, especially at the end. I loved dropping bombs, can't wait to do more of it :) Here they award a "Weapon's E" for CEP under 75 feet. An above average is any CEP under 100 feet. I got 3 E's... a buddy of mine nailed 6 of them. He rocked it. Watch out for that guy!