• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it true about the lack of fixed wing slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drehnberg

I have been hearing that for the last few months only about 1 - 3 people from every flight class are getting fixed wing selections while the rest get helos. I heard this is partly due to the Navy giving the Marines 6 jet squadrons in exchange for 6 helo squadrons as well as the retiring of the F-14 etc... Is this true?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't know about the 6 squadron deal that your talking about. I have not seen anything to that affect anyway. No the slots are there, the scores are not. If you have the grades, you will get the slot. If not, then you will be helo's. This is mostly due to the fact that there are no P-3 slots. So for fixed wing nowdays you have to have atleast a mid to upper 50 for E2/C2 E6 or above a 60 for strike. So, get the grades and you get fixed wing.

Dave

william

Dave is right, but it is more the case that the Navy is made up of 60% Helos, so yes it is very likely that you will get a helo slot. Sometimes even if your grades are in the upper 50's you may be forced to take a helo slot as per the needs of the Navy...its all about grades, luck, and timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.