• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is It Too Late For Occ191?

SMARTI

What is the latest that a package could begin to be put together for the 060122 class?

I don't want to take any more time than is necessary since I am 32 already, and turning 33 in Feb.

I am a prior-marine as well, just threw that in so you can see a better timeline picture of my situation.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Definitely not too late, as SoICanBeFree said. The reason why so many people are accepted into 191 already is because we were pre-selected. The actual board for the class hasn't even met yet.

flyboy25

FlyBoy25
SMARTI said:
What is the latest that a package could begin to be put together for the 060122 class?

I don't want to take any more time than is necessary since I am 32 already, and turning 33 in Feb.

I am a prior-marine as well, just threw that in so you can see a better timeline picture of my situation.
OCC-191 board meets on Nov 28th.........as Yukon said, packages should be submited by the first week of Nov. Info from my OSO said that we have until Nov 14th to submit, but that may be because of waivers. Defninatly not too late tho

dvl_dog_2531_90

I'd be more concerned about getting an age waiver. As a 30+ applicant, you'd need an "exception to policy" waiver which are not easy to get.

Since I'm in the same boat, I'd be curious to know if your OSO agrees to work one for you. Mine is not helping any.

Wedge

If you get an OSO, that will not work with you, dirve to the other nearest OSO office. For me the OSO was hours away but once I talked to him the other OSO started to work with me on my package.

SMARTI

dvl_dog_2531_90 said:
I'd be more concerned about getting an age waiver. As a 30+ applicant, you'd need an "exception to policy" waiver which are not easy to get.

Since I'm in the same boat, I'd be curious to know if your OSO agrees to work one for you. Mine is not helping any.

Thanks for the reply DOG,

Yes my OSO, as pessemistic as he is about my chances, said he would submit an age waiver. Are they really looked down upon even for priors?

dvl_dog_2531_90

Smarti,

To be honest, it really depends a lot on the economy and job market (which as you probably know is only so-so right now). When times are good and jobs are plentiful, there are less applicants and naturally more waivers.

Candidates over 27 but under 30 need an age waiver. Candidates 30 and over need what is called an "exception to policy" waiver needs to be approved by regional commander (i.e. the CG of either Easter or Western Recruiting Region at MCRD PI or MCRD San Diego). Before the waiver gets to the CG, it needs approval at the RS (Major) and District level (full Colonel).

I thought being a prior with an exemplary record would make me a slam dunk too, but in this case I guess the old saying "you snooze, you loose" is really true.

I do wish you well and encourage you to apply. It is good that your OSO is at least putting a package together for you. perhaps things have changed in the year since I last tried to get my OSO to work with me.

Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Semper Fidelis.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
SMARTI said:
I will keep you posted. By the way, are you not able to apply anymore?

If the age waiver doesn't go through then applying later won't make it any better he / she only gets older with time.

SMARTI

The OSO informed me that in order to be considered I needed to have a 295-300 PFT in order to look good. Did you have the same response from yours?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
SMARTI said:
The OSO informed me that in order to be considered I needed to have a 295-300 PFT in order to look good. Did you have the same response from yours?

The higher the age the higher the other factors would need to be in order to make an "exception to the rule" and approve your application. 295 - 300 certainly doesn't sound unreasonable but then again when I applied they were only taking ground contracts with higher than 290 so I may be wrong...