• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it possible to apply again with the same LORs/DD370s?

mb1685

Here's my story. I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

I applied for SNA during the Dec 2015 board and was picked up. Because I was extremely age critical, I was in the 3 Jan OCS class. While I was at OCS, my wife had some emergency hospital visits and pre-term labor symptom scares and was put on bedrest, and I made the decision to DOR and come home since we didn't have much of a support system in place for her and because of concerns about a premature birth and possible health issues from that. The staff seemed very understanding of my situation and one member of the OCS chain of command told me he would vouch for me if I was in the process of reapplying and a recruiter had concerns about working with me.

The pregnancy concerns have since improved and my son is due in about a month. After he's here, I am very interested in applying for NFO. I do understand that a DOR on my record can absolutely be the end of my chances with the Navy and that the board may not care what my situation was or what the OCS staff thinks. I am not expecting any accommodation in the slightest and would not be surprised at all if I was not selected due to my DOR, but I'd still like to try.

All of my SNA application was done between June and Oct 2015. I have read that MEPS commissioning physicals are valid for 2 years, so am I correct in that this information can be submitted to N3M again for a PQ letter? Can I also re-use the same LORs and DD370s, or do I need to have them completed again with new dates on them? The main reason I am wondering is because I was very fortunate and was able to return to my previous job (in a management position), which is an absolutely great gig and I definitely want to stick around if I am not picked up by the Navy again. I was very honest with my employer throughout my first application process (and one of my LORs was from my boss, and of course one of my DD370s too), but this time I would prefer to not divulge those intentions to them because I think it would have ramifications for my career potential here. However, I know that a DD370 will be required from the employer, so I'm wondering if I could reuse the one from my previous application.

Obviously, if I have to choose between not pursuing my dream and compromising my potential with my employer, I'll take the risk. But if there is any way to keep it on the down-low, I'd really like to do that.

mb1685

I have not yet contacted my recruiter since informing him of my DOR. Just looking to get a little bit of gouge before I start the process again. I will give him a call soon but would prefer to wait until my son is born to get the ball rolling again.

I turn 27 in about a month. I had previously been under the impression that the age limit for NFO was 29 but upon closer examination it looks like I was confusing that with the fact that prior service age waivers extend a bit further for NFOs than SNAs. Whoops. Please disregard this thread.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have not yet contacted my recruiter since informing him of my DOR. Just looking to get a little bit of gouge before I start the process again. I will give him a call soon but would prefer to wait until my son is born to get the ball rolling again.

I turn 27 in about a month. I had previously been under the impression that the age limit for NFO was 29 but upon closer examination it looks like I was confusing that with the fact that prior service age waivers extend a bit further for NFOs than SNAs. Whoops. Please disregard this thread.

You have to have graduated OCS before turning 27. There are no age waivers granted for non-priors, even in the worse of circumstances.

With that being said, before you even talk to a recruiter, you need to have a sit down talk with your family. I'm sure it was a lengthy talk with your wife about the Navy, now imagine with a child on the way. It changes a lot of things into consideration. Furthermore, you mentioned during the incident that your wife doesn't have much of a support system in place. Be advised, in the Navy you're going to be gone and away from family from months on end during deployments and such. And unlike OCS, it's highly unlikely or even possible to pause everything and fly home in case something happens. I would also take that into consideration to see if the Navy, yet alone the military is the right path for you and your family.