• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

is being a Marine Officer as cool as it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoohoo

all the running, getting the crap kicked out of you, is it all worth being able to call yourself a member of the most elite and toughest fighting force ever?

mcbride_t_m

Do you want to be the guy getting sand kicked in his face at the beach? Me either. Being a Marine, whether as an officer or as an ass kicking enlisted guy, is worth it, period. It takes patience, intensity, courage, and above all, integrity. The other services are all outstanding, but even they agree that the Corps takes a special breed... the verdict is still out on what that particular breed may be. I have been in the Marine Corps for eight years. The Corps is my second family, and I love them dearly. I may sound like a recruiting tape, but that is how I feel. That feeling permeates through most Marines. Be cool, join us.

Rainman

pilot
quote:
mountain... that's cause they haven't found your twiggy little ass yet.

I would think as an old fart you'd know I was far from twiggy. . Why don't you come back over where we keep the tropical storms and good pilots. . .

USMCMidd

I just got back from OCS this summer and let me tell you it was a defining moment in my life. I have never felt so good as being surrounded by people who share the same pride and integrity that I do. I am proud as hell of our armed forces, but to become a Marine takes more than that. It's this intangible quality that bonds the Corps together, and will for years to come.
I can't wait for flight school, but i eagerly await the Basic School and all that it teaches. If your looking for a motivated group of people that take you for who you are as a person, not for the size of your bank account or the type of car you drive, join the Marine enlisted ranks or complete OCS. You will not regret it.

Semper Fi

davidsin

I'm a pending candidate, and I chose to go into the corps because Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity are all very important virtues in my life. Since Marines share this spirit, I chose to walk this narrow path of sweat, pain, and dicipline. But in the end I know it will lead to the brighter pastures. If I make it through~ I like to think that the tight path keeps me closer to God. Also, someone told me that it's not the trophy that counts...it's the fight that's everything~

"all the running, getting the crap kicked out of you, is it all worth being able to call yourself a member of the most elite and toughest fighting force ever?"

YES!!

Semper Fi Do or Die Gung Ho GUng Ho!!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
NO, roll out of bed at 11 am, run 3 miles a YEAR, eat donuts and drink coffee. Screw the Semper Fi!! I'm Semper Rested!

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Is this guy for real?
Hey Krispy Kreme Glenn, what are you doing on the Marines board? I don't think we want you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.