• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is Air up in the Air ?

DimndDave14

Ok what is going on with USMC Air Contracts. From the threads I have read half say that air is full until summer of 08, some say the need for pilots is the same as two years ago. So which is it ?

And none of this my buddy from OCS heard it form a gunny in the chow hall who heard it from his wife who works with a lady in accounting who's husband plays golf with a Col. bull honky.

Flat out is the USMC accepting any OCC Air contracts for 07 summer and fall?

And if your source of info is from Big foot I will have to ask you to back it up with a sworn statement from the Lock Ness monster.

phrogpilot73

I don't know, I'm not an OSO. And to my knowledge, neither is anyone else on this board. What you will be provided here is merely conjecture. If you want to know the answer, call an OSO.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot

Ditto what Phrog said...and as a caviot, my gut tells me they will be but take that with a HUGE grain of salt as I am a bit removed from the process now...

sanders

The Capt that took me on an incentive flight told me that the guys in classes of '07 and '08 applying for OCS/OCC are going to have a really hard time getting Air.

NapalmRat

At the OSO i work at, we have TWO air slots for OCC 196 (starts oct. 14). None for 194 and 195. No NFO slots.
For PLC we have about 4 air slots for all of plc08, plc09, and plc10. one nfo slot for all those years.
Many air guys have been pushed back and are waiting a long time for TBS orders.

It depends on what district you fall under determining how many air slots are available. But you might want to remain extremely competitve for an air slot and remain flexible till fall comes up.

NapalmRat

not a stupid question. u just have to be a PTAD nerd like me. 8mcd is southwest region pretty much. i believe san diego is 12th MCD so they might have different slots available.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
My wait is 10 months.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you do for that period of time? I've got a pretty good shot at an air contract for OCC196 and I'm just trying to guage whats ahead of me, provided I'm selected and pass OCC.