• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iraq Vet Makes Surprise Return at Daughter's School

Bevo16

pilot
Moms leave too.

Not the good ones. They stay at home barefoot and hopefully pregnant until their man comes home. If they don't have one in the oven, then they should spend at least 2 hours of the day on the treadmill (or at least until they start to get raw from the chastity belt). Spare time should be spent in cooking classes or cleaning the house.

That is obviously the point that I was trying to make from my first person statement.

GroundPounder

This one was posted a while back. If it doesn't get you teary eyed, you don't have a pulse

Ok, so here I am work and watched the video against my better judgement. Teary eyed in uniform looses you multiple cool points.

I was lucky enough to be childless during my service, seeing how my son misses me after a week makes me glad that I never had to put him through a years seperation. I grew up near Hunter AAF, and I can remember little kids that I played with counting down the months, then days until their dad was comming home from Viet-Nam. Some didn't.

The people serving in these times aren't appreciated like you should be. Thanks for your efforts.

rookie7734

None
My Dad was a career fighter pilot in the Air Force. We got to see lots of the world, but not much of my Dad. As you can imagine his job was demanding.

Because he was away so much, he never got to see me do all those kid things (little league, boy scouts, high school sports, etc).

With two young children of my own at the six year mark of active duty, I had to make a very difficult decision. I loved what I was doing, but I did not want to miss out on all the kid things with my own children. Coming off a shore duty assignment at Beaver Control in San Diego, I decided not to take a set of flying orders back to VQ-3. Reluctantly I resigned my commission.

I still wonder "what if"...

But I was able to stay in the Navy in a Reserve capacity, and watched and participated in all of the kid things with all four of my children.

No regrets.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Another one checking in who did not tear up.

I too am a hardened asshole though, maybe about 20 years ago I'd have had a tear.