• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iraq Vet Makes Surprise Return at Daughter's School

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Cool stories, but what the hell people? Where the heck is the steely eyed warrior spirit in you guys? Making me sick, I have to go shoot my guns tomorrow to get over this mushy stuff.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Cool stories, but what the hell people? Where the heck is the steely eyed warrior spirit in you guys? Making me sick, I have to go shoot my guns tomorrow to get over this mushy stuff.

I actually just shot myself in the face just to make myself feel tougher.

But seriously though... wait until you're done with your "camping trip". There have been MANY grown men/giant lumbering Marines get misty eyed in the Mountains outside of San Diego... or worse if one of your buddies died for real... not a sign of weakness.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
The thought of Pickle missing out on any part of our kids' lives breaks my heart. I don't know how you guys do it, leave your families behind.

Props...

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
My son just turned a year and a half yesterday. I do not look forward to missing all that I will when I join the Navy, but it helps to know that I am aiding in protecting his freedoms and providing for him and my wife. Still... it will suck missing the milestones...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with tearing up a little when watching those clips. Compassion is a good thing. I even cried at the end of "Marley and Me." :D

Bevo16

pilot
I don't know how you guys do it, leave your families behind...

I just told myself: "This is something that fathers do."

Dads have been going off to fight to protect their family for thousands of years. That's "our" part. The women folk don't have it easy on the home front now or then either. It has to get done, or there is no perfect little home to come back to.

My dad did it. Grand-dad did it. Great grand dad did it (but the North won anyway).