• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Investing in shooting rounds quickly (MG thread)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
class 3 licensing is federal and is not required for personal ownership of class 3 weapons / accessories.

Wow, I completely misread that post. Good catch. Getting a Class 3 was not my intent. Also, it's much harder for even a Class 3 dealer from acquiring a MG now. It has to be for T&E purposes and there's a bunch more paperwork to prove that you're not just building a MG for yourself and it's actually for an agency.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
class 3 licensing is federal and is not required for personal ownership of class 3 weapons / accessories.

Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't get into the details with it, but with my grandfather involved all that I remember him mentioning was it being somehow necessary to have fully automatic weapons. Is the licensing just for business purposes then? Either way Gator, I could ask how they went about getting them.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Either way Gator, I could ask how they went about getting them.

Don't worry about it. As Statesman said, it's not required for the public and even if you have it, it doesn't necessarily help with MGs (that's a recent change in policy from BATF). Sorry for misreading your post initially.