• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Introduction

Hey everyone, I just joined the site and appreciate the opportunity. From what I have read so far, I really enjoy it and it has been very informative. I just received my Final Select letter for Pilot this week and was sworn in yesterday. I have an OCS date of Dec 02, 2012. This is a dream come true for me, as I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot. My whole life I've had people tell me it could never be done but now it's finally happening and I'm ecstatic! I'm from Toledo, OH originally and I graduated from The Ohio State University in 2011 with a degree in Finance. Go Bucks!! I have been working as an Independent Financial Adviser with the company Primerica. I can't wait to get started!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Congrats on the SNA final select and your upcoming OCS date! Welcome to the site!

John

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey everyone, I just joined the site and appreciate the opportunity.

Welcome aboard SOL, we have something in common... When I first became an AW member, I also had a "SonOf...." Avatar nickname, because it was usually what my Squadronmates called me (post-lobotomy). But having little sense of humour, the AW police made me change it!:(But I think your's will be fine. ;)
I have an OCS date of Dec 02, 2012. This is a dream come true for me, as I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot. !
Your desire to be a fighter pilot is commendable...but be advised, that is also the desire of the majority of applicants (wannabees), with only a limited number of fighter slots available... there are NO guarantees! Set priorities: first OCS/PQs, then ace API, ground school/flight training & OLQ. That will give you the best shot to get fighters. IF you navigate the program successfully, be mentally prepared to serve in other fine communities, should that be the need of the Navy at that time.:D
BzB

Renegade One

None
I just received my Final Select letter for Pilot this week and was sworn in yesterday. I have an OCS date of Dec 02, 2012.
Congrats. Everytning else was nice to know...but irrelevant now.

OCS is a challenge in itself. Make sure you'e ready and prepared to complete. All you need to do is complete and get your commission. It's a clean slate after that.

Flight Training is an entirely different animal. OCS/commissioning was just your ticket to the buffet. Don't be too married to the "fighter pilot" dream...unless it helps you motivate and aviate to do your best and qualify for that pipeline. But every pipeline/community you may move to is amazing and fulfilling in its own way. I never met a Naval Aviator...not ONE...who didn't think upon arrival at their first fleet squadron: "This is where I want to be!"
God knows, we need 'em all...

Congrats...do good...stay in touch.

LET73

...This is a dream come true for me, as I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot...
Keep following that dream, but just remember, those same words have been said by plenty of current helo pilots, SWOs, or intel officers, among many others.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Except for the Ohio State stuff, welcome to the forums! Enjoy OCS and get through that hurdle first, then focus on the rest. Stay motivated, don't quit, study your ass off but know when to crack a beer and take a break, and learn when to talk and when to shut up and all the rest will fall into place. Welcome!

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Go Bucks! 09 Grad here. Congrats on the FS and enjoy OCS. I did OCS after graduation and now a few years later I'm at Oceana. Keep your eyes on the prize and never pass on an opportunity to give your M*ch*gan classmates a little hell when they lose. Small victories.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your thoughts and advice, except for CUPike11's M*ch*gan propaganda. I suppose I should clarify my earlier statement though. While I really want to be a fighter pilot, I would not be disappointed to join on. e of the other pipelines. Naval Aviation is my passion and I plan on giving all I have to whichever pipeline becomes my home.