• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interview For PLC

TheMattAttack

Hey All,

I'm heading to an interview for PLC next monday. Just wondering what typically happens in these interviews. What should I expect? Is there anything I should do before hand? Should I treat this like a typical job interview? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cwc73

pilot
I didnt do a real interview. I just met the gunny and then the oso. There was no real interview at all.

TheMattAttack

Hmm...I guess that's what they're going to have me do. They wanted me to "interview" with the captain. But said he isn't going to be around. So I guess I'll be meeting with the gunny and OSO. They told me to fill out the paperwork on the site as well. Did they make you watch a movie or something along those lines? I'm just curious as to what should be happening.

batman527

Banned
The Captain IS the OSO. The interview is nothing. Not a whole lot really happens. My girlfriend came along with me and we just chatted with the Captain for two hours because the three of us are all apparently chatty people. You might get your Rough Application if you like what you hear, that's just the first fifteen or so pages of paperwork of about ten million you'll end up with. I guess you're just going to have to speak with the Gunny about all that, he should be able to get you all set up.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I went down there the first time and spent about an hour talking with the SSgt. He gave me the rough application to fill out and a sheet (it may have been attached to the stuff and he ripped it off) with a basic outline of what needed to be done and we worked out teh dates that I would get the stuff done by.

The stuff that you need to bring in/do (for the application process):

-rough application
-birth certificate
-social security card
-take the ASTB (Or bring in your scores if already taken)
-latest transcript (to be updated at the end of each semester)
-ACF (acadmic something form) to be filled out by registrars. Lets the USMC know if you're full time, when expected graduation is, etc...
-Eye exam
-MEPS
-Photo - you'll need to dress up for the pic so bring a suit
-PFT

Obviously if you're just going to meet/interview with the office, you wont need/have all of this, but it gives you an idea of the things that you'll need to do over the course of applying. In the application theres stuff like writing your motovational essay on why you should become an officer, getting the letters of reccomendation, etc..

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
TheMattAttack said:
Hey All,

I'm heading to an interview for PLC next monday. Just wondering what typically happens in these interviews. What should I expect? Is there anything I should do before hand? Should I treat this like a typical job interview? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

When I went to the "interview" (way back in 1998) it was basically an info session, watching the PLC video, and getting a bunch of stickers and pamphlets. I set up the interview because the Marines were at the career fair offering six-week "internships". That's what roped me in, I listened to what the Captain had to say, but at that point, I wasn't ready to commit to anything my first semester of sophomore year.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
my parents were very anti-me doing the military thing. I actually used the "internship" thing to "break" the news to them. Worked out good!