• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Internet access

Raptor2216

I was just reading an old post about TBS internet access dated 2003 and it mentioned that they were supposed to get DSL. I just want to know if this has actually happened? I am thinking of getting verizon wireless internet if nothing on base is available.

winger

FNG
Yeah they have DSL. I think Sprint is the only cell company that got any kind of reception when I was there last year... my Verizon worked only while standing in one of two parking spots in the student lot.

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
Check that beach, T-moblie is the only carrier that gets any kind of service. Last year we did not yet have DSL in Graves, but it was supposed to be coming so it should be there by now.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I had Verizon at TBS and while it wasn't so good in around Dec it did improve around March for whatever reason and had no problems after that. I think someone finally put up a cell tower just off base. Well anyway, Verizon worked fine for me and I was able to get reception in a large number of areas later on...

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
Good info jamn, I wish that would have been the case when I was there because I already had verizon and bought a T-mobile phone just so I could get reception in my room. At the time my Verizon phone that usually gets very good reception didn't work for crap anywhere on Camp Butler. I guess I should let the guys that have been there more recently give the advice.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Does Cingular work out there? I just changed to them. Any help would be appreciated. Jzab

usmcecho4

pilot
Cingular works but it all depends on your phone and where your room is. My roommate's phone worked fine and mine sucked (both cingular). As far as high speed internet is concerned get the people around your room together and get a connection and a wireless router and pay next to nothing for internet (or you could just look around for an unsecured network and float on to that).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4