• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting ATC site for you aviation buffs

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Interesting site...

On a related note...I've often thought that it would be interesting to incorporate an ATC simulation into a game like Microsoft Flight Sim...I suppose it would be a little tough to do the volume of communication that you'd need to do, but its a neat idea I think.

KBayDog

Check out Flight Sim X.

You, playing the part of ATC, will be wowed with such original pilot responses as, "Uh, tower, Cessna 12345 refuses to land," and "Ground, I am the blue F/A-18 that is, like, at your, like, 10...no, wait...11 o'clock...do you see me? Hello?"

It's actually pretty entertaining.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Listening to the local Cessna traffic in thick Boston accents is pretty entertaining.

Listening to some of the traffic up near A County sitting assistant RDO was pretty entertaining too--you had the entire gamut of accents, bizarre radio calls, and weird moves from civilians, everything from unintelligible Germans taking the active (with someone on final) to quavering Texas hilllbilly calling "movement" instead of traffic. Arkansas ARTCCs are pretty funny to listen to as well.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting site...

On a related note...I've often thought that it would be interesting to incorporate an ATC simulation into a game like Microsoft Flight Sim...I suppose it would be a little tough to do the volume of communication that you'd need to do, but its a neat idea I think.

Welcome to 5 years ago. :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Welcome to 5 years ago. :)
Yeah, yeah, yeah...my last computer game was Chuck Yeager's Air Combat...I thought it would give me an edge for jets...;):D

6179_0.jpg

kray1395

Interesting site...

In case you're actually interested, check out www.vatsim.net. I'll admit it, I'm a little bit nerdy, but I've used this for both practice flying with ATC as well as doing some ATC myself. If you're semi good with computers, it's not hard to set up. You'll need to download two additional programs that run with Flight Sim. All the instructions should be found on the site. Again, just in case you're actually interested.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
skillz

all my pilot skillz i got from this:
snes.jpg

and this:
7_Pilot%20Wings2.gif

all pilot controls should be labeled with a, b, x, and y. i think my airwork would improve.