• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interest on a travel claim

S.O.B.

pilot
Can you claim it for a delayed payment? I've been stuck with a coast to coast move + a 5 week TAD + TLA on my card for five months now to the tune of almost 10K. Finally was able to submit the claim and PSD says up to two months to process. I don't remember service being this slow in the past.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only the government can charge penalties for money you owe them. Doesn't work the other way.

Contact a PSD OIC and go up the chain, that's a ridculously long timne to wait.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Actually according to he JFTR if it takes longer than 30 days you are allowed to claim interest. I don't remember the section off the top of my head but it's in there. You have to get a copy of your credit card statement and can only claim interest associated with TAD charges obviously. (Not personal stuff that might already be on there.) Kinda handy to have a card that has nothing on it until you need to travel to make things simple.

S.O.B.

pilot
Thanks guys. I was told the Norfolk PSD handles all of the travel claims east of the Mississippi and to expect an additional 5 Weeks to process claims. They also told me that they are victims of manpower cut backs.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wish my PCS travel claim only took 5 weeks :) Mine was roughly 7 months, lost claims, letter of indebtedness to the command (saying I was overpayed, and did not submit claim on time)..... grrrr......

S.O.B.

pilot
I wish my PCS travel claim only took 5 weeks :) Mine was roughly 7 months, lost claims, letter of indebtedness to the command (saying I was overpayed, and did not submit claim on time)..... grrrr......

That's ridiculous! Can you imagine if 04s get this kind of service how are they treating E4s?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's ridiculous! Can you imagine if 04s get this kind of service how are they treating E4s?
I went in and brought up that point, among others. I could type a long winded angry post, but the PSD system in my eyes has been seriously broken for many years. They lost sight of the fact that they should be customer oriented, but instead seek ignore JTFR timelines and entitlements, to the detriment of the average sailor. I am speaking broad scope here, I am sure there is the fabled unicorn (perfect PSD) out there (ha!), but I have never experienced it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......I am sure there is the fabled unicorn (perfect PSD) out there (ha!), but I have never experienced it.

Kuwait, money in your account on average in 4 days. All you have to do is a GSA/IA in order to get that kind of customer experience! ;)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I did a week TAD and when I got back I got paid in less than a week. Govie card and everything. I went through a civilian admin guy, I wonder if that makes a difference.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
...all the more reason to take the advance DLA + 1 month's pay in advance.

Interesting thought...

Take 2 or 3 months and in the justification put the slow reimbursment we speak of here. IMO, it should be good enough to get it with that alone (on the rare times you have a CO actually question you when you take advanced pay)

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I did a week TAD and when I got back I got paid in less than a week. Govie card and everything. I went through a civilian admin guy, I wonder if that makes a difference.

At least on our side if it comes out of squadron funds (most TAD for schools falls under that) reimbursement is fast as it gets approved at the squadron level. PCS/TECOM/higher......lemme get back to you on that.

S.O.B.

pilot

TAD travel is easy and I've actually become a fan of DTS but for PCS travel you have to deal with the dream team at PSD.

mountainman

I have a similar question along these lines. I PCS'd from San Diego to Pensacola in March and was told that since I have follow on orders to Whiting I can't submit my travel claim until after I finally get to Whiting which could be a really long time. I'm still receiving San Diego BAH and to complicate things, for some strange reason, I all of a sudden starting receiving flight pay back dated to last October when I redesignated. I've been putting these overpayments into a savings account because I know I'll wind up giving it back. I talked to PSD over a month ago and no action has been taken. Any ideas on how I should proceed. The last thing I want is to wind up with some type of penalty. Any ideas?