• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intelligence and Crytologic Competitve Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

I looked for other profiles for communities like aviation and surface warfare. but i didn't find one.

man the wait is killing me

tali264

I didn't even bother looking at the website because it didn't really have anything to do with me. BUT, since you wanted some replies I checked it out.
icon_smile.gif
Actually I would think all those things apply to any officer position. Pretty much just general criteria besides the GPA thing.

Goliath112

well I thought it was important because it comes straight from the board. and isn't hearsay or rumors. anyhow i wish they had a profile for all the designators. thanks for you comments.

man the wait is killing me

tali264

Oh... I wasn't saying it wasn't important and helpful, just that I didn't take the time to look at it. Definitely a good thing though. I'm surprised they only have it for that designator though.

ghost_ttu

grrrrr NOBODY listens to me. Ok, some do. My recruiter is pretty much on top of things, I think some in here will agree. I've seen the list that has all the designators on it, of course I only remember pilot and part of Nav. Pilot/Nav: gpa 3.2/3.0 AQR/6/6 PFAR/7/7 NFAR/5/7 flight experience plus/n/a good PRT/med prt

That is all I can remember from the top of my head, I think I'm pretty accurate with those numbers. I'm real accurate on the gpa's, but they are looking past low gpa's with previous flight experience.

kent1644

Ghost,
I was just wondering how they calculate your OAR because your OAR was 51 and my OAR was 53 and all my numbers were lower than yours. I got a 6 4 5 on my AQR PFAR and NOFAR and my OAR is Higher than yours.

dewahl

The hash for the OAR/AQR scores is on the answer sheet you fill out when you take the test (at least that is what I remember, its been a year). If you do a search on the web for OAR and NOMI you will find some in depth info on the whys and what fors of it.
Intell is requiring all applicants to take the AQR portion. It does not say this in the instruction. So if you only take the OAR, and apply for Intell, you will be asked to take the other portion to be considered. Refer to OPNAVINST 1420.1 (on the web) and you can get the full taste of all that is offered and the reqs for each field. If that doesn't help, call NMRC, those civilians up there always have their finger on the pulse. Dont just believe what you recruiter tells ya.

Dave

ghost_ttu

Kent: I think it's because they are a bunch of jokers and like to have a little fun with me, but that's okay I can take a joke, and they will see that I'm not going anywhere and they will just have to deal with me. But honestly, dewahl is probably closer to being correct, but I was under the impression that the OAR was composed of the Math/verbal/mechanical. Well there were two sections of verbal in the brown book test that I took and on the second section I was low on time and just marked c on all of them so I could get to the math because I can do the math faster. So if it breaks out at all that could probably have caused something like that. I'm just guessing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.