• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

intel 30 month tour

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
on the navy website under intel officer it says you must do a 30 month tour after your intelligence school in virginia. anyone know the details of this tour. are you gone for 30 months straight or do you come home at all?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
A "tour" in military parlance, means being assigned to a unit for specified period of time. You would be gone as much or as little as that unit is. The first tour after NIOBC is often a tour as the intel officer in a squadron.

PapaK

Can't seem to ever get a straight answer on this question. Is anyone ever gone for 30 straight months? What is the minimum, what is the maximum?

navy09

None
Who have you asked? I know close to nothing about this community though I can absolutely assure you no one is deployed for anything close to 30 months.

Keep in mind that even though it's Intel, it's still the Navy. You'll be gone a lot more than if you worked in Corporate America.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
We were gone (as in away from our base, not all deployed) 15/24 months. That was not all at once, but over the course of that time period. I would guess that most people are gone somewhere in the range of slightly more than that to not at all. I promise, it would not be possible to be deployed for 30 straight months.