• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Any recent OCS grads have any info/experience that they could share? This thread has gotten kind of dated so I'm curious what has changed. I hear that there are individual heads now, is this true? What contraband do you recommend bringing vs picking up while youre there?

Individual Heads?! So much for screaming the DISCIPLINE ditty so loud/frequently you've lost your voice by 0600 on Indoc Monday...

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Individual Heads?! So much for screaming the DISCIPLINE ditty so loud/frequently you've lost your voice by 0600 on Indoc Monday...

Instead they are given a very short period of time to pop into their rooms and use the head, then they have to post back out on line when instructed to say the ditty (which they do, over and over again).

Individual heads were nice in candio, but not so great for the indocs because they never had much of a chance to talk to anyone other than their hatchmate or the two folks next door they share the showers with.

Sonog

pilot
Wow. When did they make the switch from Nimitz? Group head calls were definitely a bonding experience during Indoc week. Especially when we had 120 seconds for 30 dudes to shower and shave with 5 shower stalls.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Wow. When did they make the switch from Nimitz? Group head calls were definitely a bonding experience during Indoc week. Especially when we had 120 seconds for 30 dudes to shower and shave with 5 shower stalls.

They are in the New Nimitz now, moved in 7 weeks ago. Kind of a college dorm with an armory.

croakerfish

pilot
Instead they are given a very short period of time to pop into their rooms and use the head, then they have to post back out on line when instructed to say the ditty (which they do, over and over again).

Individual heads were nice in candio, but not so great for the indocs because they never had much of a chance to talk to anyone other than their hatchmate or the two folks next door they share the showers with.

Wow, that's tragic. I feel like that would actually make Indoc week harder, just by reducing the bonding over shared suckitude.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Individual heads? Soooo much better for those 2am head runs and you can piss after waking up instead of waiting in your room at 0458 with a bladder about to burst because you don't want to be caught out of the room when the DI comes in for reveille.

You can still bond in other ways. 2230 shoe-shining parties in the p-way still done?

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Individual heads? Soooo much better for those 2am head runs and you can piss after waking up instead of waiting in your room at 0458 with a bladder about to burst because you don't want to be caught out of the room when the DI comes in for reveille.

You can still bond in other ways. 2230 shoe-shining parties in the p-way still done?

BOOD watch was always awesome on that first night with the after Taps head calls. The most entertaining 3 hours ever.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None

Those have been done away with for a while - If you are caught out in the P-way after lights out for anything other than a head call you were getting ripped on by whatever unlucky candidate had BOOD watch

BackOrdered

Contributor
Ripped on by BOOD watch? Seriously? What kind of buddy fuckers are you all producing these days?

Agree'd, that's the most blue falcon thing I ever heard of next to a female candidate we had who would interrupt class to report everyone who nodded off.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Ripped on by BOOD watch? Seriously? What kind of buddy fuckers are you all producing these days?

It wasn't the BOOD ripping on the Indocs. More of a hey I am not a Candio, you can relax after hours and do not need permission to go make a head call. And make sure you have your glow belt and canteen with you. Especially in the last hour leading up to 0430 since any Indoc spotted out of the pway without those two equaled BOOD having a little private RPT session.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
BOOD is dead. Each building has an OOD and a rover. The Rovers have never ever given any trouble to the officer candidates for being up after taps in my time here. Back in old Nimitz classes would sometimes sleep in a different p-way before RLP and would try to avoid the BOOD then in case he happened to be a tool, but other than that they never really gave us/them any trouble.

Also, people still call the "desks" in the kill zones in new Nimitz "the BOOD" - I can't help but wonder if future OCS classes are going to think that bood is some kind of navy lingo for a desk in that sort of location and fail to realize it means battalion OOD.

Ah, I remember those head runs from old Nimitz.

During indoc week there isn't much time or care to shine shoes. Hell, you might not even have anything to polish yet. One other thing about the new building is that the p-ways do not have hatches on the end, so you aren't really isolated from the rest of the deck. There are even offices in the middle!! I've seen a good number of DIs and chiefs bolt from the kill zone to an office because they don't want/need the attentionondeckstandbygoodmorningsir!!! Some just say "don't call it until I step off the red tiles" kind of like stepping off the curb before PT.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
No longer BOOD, but now the CDO is cracking down on us being up after taps. One in particular went outside Nimitz Hall and started knocking on all the windows of people who still had lights on at 2205. The candio windows, no less. I think we're responsible enough to manage our own time how we see fit, but whatever.

jtmedli

pilot
No longer BOOD, but now the CDO is cracking down on us being up after taps. One in particular went outside Nimitz Hall and started knocking on all the windows of people who still had lights on at 2205. The candio windows, no less. I think we're responsible enough to manage our own time how we see fit, but whatever.

That's pretty gay. If the worst thing the CDO has to worry about is a candi-o staying up past their bedtime, then I'd say his watch is going pretty smoothly.